2 gtx 580 gainward 3gb and 1 palit 3gb wont work in 3 way sli

akis_56

I wil see , i am talking with nvdia support right now . the try to get as much information as they can to find a solution and update the drivers , we will see

but i dont think wthat there will be an update in drivers cause i have a problem ;)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you tried the palit by itself because it looks are if you only tried varies SLI configs. it might be the palit doesn't work at all.

just a thought, when it comes to trouble shooting, you make sure the slots works and card and move up from there.

Edited by hornybluecow

have you tried the palit by itself because it looks are if you only tried varies SLI configs. it might be the palit doesn't work at all.

just a thought, when it comes to trouble shooting, you make sure the slots works and card and move up from there.

ok before i install water cool , i try every card on every slot and work just fine

i tested cause also then i have problem with one gainward and the palit in sli

the same results

i cant believe thatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

:@ :@ :@

i was playing css and my pc make a noise and turns off

also my power at all the house goes off

i turn it up on all games i cant play it is lagging and it has 15-20 fps

i dont know what it may burn , i think power supply.

i swear i will smash it . :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

i was playing css and my pc make a noise and turns off

also my power at all the house goes off

Did the breaker trip? What else is on the same circuit? It sounds like you just overloaded it.

Edited by Waco

Did the breaker trip? What else is on the same circuit? It sounds like you just overloaded it.

"the breaker trip " i dont fully understand this sense.

my pc connects to ups and the ( how we say that?) on the "wall"

all the other screens printers drivers hdd etc are connected to my second ups and then on the wall

but both "wall" power are connected in the same circuit .sometimes when power goes off , in the panel on the wall , i dont know how to spell that

it falls only the button which the circuit is connected to my room

also to mention that if my pc is closed and i connect to my psu the cable and switche the button to I from 0 , 1/5 it will fall my rooms power ( i mean 1 time after 5 times i switch the psu button to I )

sorry for my bad english :(

i hope you get the idea .

"the breaker trip " i dont fully understand this sense.

my pc connects to ups and the ( how we say that?) on the "wall"

all the other screens printers drivers hdd etc are connected to my second ups and then on the wall

but both "wall" power are connected in the same circuit .sometimes when power goes off , in the panel on the wall , i dont know how to spell that

it falls only the button which the circuit is connected to my room

also to mention that if my pc is closed and i connect to my psu the cable and switche the button to I from 0 , 1/5 it will fall my rooms power ( i mean 1 time after 5 times i switch the psu button to I )

sorry for my bad english :(

i hope you get the idea .

By breaker, he is talking about the RCD (Residual Current Divice) in lay terms if not a breaker then called a safety-switch.

By having 3x 580s under load on the circuit along with printers monitors speakers ect you could be overloading (drawing too much current) for the RCD to handle, thus tripping it.

I do believe in some walkabout way you also were talking about it with references to "wall" ect. Circuits are often rated 15-20amps and if you are in a country with 110v standard then it is not unreasonable to on a 15amp circuit overload it with extreme machines.

The bit that is confusing me is where you are saying you are tuning your psu from off to on (or on to off, not sure what you are saying) and 1 in 5 times it trips the circuit breaker and you loose all power.... is that right? If so there could be a dead short somewhere (Dead short- something shorting directly to ground, causing an immense current draw, which if there was no safety switch would burn through the weakest component)

So , you think that was an overload .

yes thats what i mean with 1 in 5 times .

our power in here is 220-230v

i dont know about amps

about the dead short , may you are right. with my previous psu i had the same things and it ends up burnning it .

but i dont know cause a lot of time this specif circuit falls even when the pc is closed but connected , "switch on"

when we use a hairdryer., or an iron .

and this circuit is connected with 3 rooms .

if i fix my pc get new psu , what can i do tou protect it from burnning up?

is there something to keep it safe

also my ups when the power cuts , it get an error biping all all the time .

even it couldent keep my pc on

i know when gaming it can go up to 900-1000w

but i was in assasins creed menu :D when it happened

my ups is 1200w

and this is the second ups which burned , again.

shouldnt my ups keeped ny pc on? also in case of full load , "worst senario"??? , also when i play heavy games ups says that it 3/4 load of his power . so is it right?

thank god that i had water cool . last time this happend my game runed extremly slow , and fans stopped workinng and i saw from evga presicion gpu temps 97c and i hit reset :/ almost to burn them

Edited by akis_56

So , you think that was an overload .

yes thats what i mean with 1 in 5 times .

our power in here is 220-230v

i dont know about amps

about the dead short , may you are right. with my previous psu i had the same things and it ends up burnning it .

but i dont know cause a lot of time this specif circuit falls even when the pc is closed but connected , "switch on"

when we use a hairdryer., or an iron .

and this circuit is connected with 3 rooms .

if i fix my pc get new psu , what can i do tou protect it from burnning up?

is there something to keep it safe

also my ups when the power cuts , it get an error biping all all the time .

even it couldent keep my pc on

i know when gaming it can go up to 900-1000w

but i was in assasins creed menu :D when it happened

my ups is 1200w

and this is the second ups which burned , again.

shouldnt my ups keeped ny pc on? also in case of full load , "worst senario"??? , also when i play heavy games ups says that it 3/4 load of his power . so is it right?

thank god that i had water cool . last time this happend my game runed extremly slow , and fans stopped workinng and i saw from evga presicion gpu temps 97c and i hit reset :/ almost to burn them

You need an electrition in to look at your wiring, if it really is tripping often. You are lucky not to get an electrical fire if you let it go on without having it inspected.

Personally I would not feel safe in your house until a qualified electrition has checked out or replaced that circuit.

Also with 230v (which I, luckily, am also blessed with) you need 3450watts peak (2440watts rms) of power before you trip a 15amp circuit which is rather a lot, 110v however only need 1650watt peak (1166watts rms, a 20amp rated circuit in the states would allow for 1555watts, however this assumes the power companies are actually supplying the exact voltage which isn't always but near enough)

Edit: regarding the ups... you should be using it so you can supply enough power to your pc to be able to safely shut it down. A power surge could have damaged your ups as well. Some ups come with a usb cord that can be plugged in that will in the event of power outtage automatically tell the computer to shut down. Do not under any circumstances attempt to continue to game on a ups, while in a power outtage.

Edited by Stonerboy779

Akis - a brief observation.

We have spent days helping you trouble shoot the original topic of this thread, and this is the first we've heard mention of using a UPS and other problems with the electrical circuit that your PC gear is connected to. That information would have been helpful from the start.

Now - what kind of UPS (i.e. brand, make, model)? I'm really curious because a good 1200W UPS is going to set anyone back some coin and I'd like to know a little about the specs. on yours. A bad UPS, under powered UPS, or underlying issue with the actual circuit supplying power to the UPS > thus eventually your PC - could have been part of your problem all along.

From here, I'll just echo what everyone else has said. If you have a circuit in your home that is constantly tripping the breaker, you need to have that looked at because something is wrong, and it could potentially represent a significant if not catastrophic safety issue.

Wev

From here, I'll just echo what everyone else has said. If you have a circuit in your home that is constantly tripping the breaker, you need to have that looked at because something is wrong, and it could potentially represent a significant if not catastrophic safety issue.

Wev

THIS!

If we had known about these issues from the start it would have been a lot easier to diagnose everything.

Also, if your breaker tripping ALSO takes down your computer, which is on a UPS, I have to question the quality and usefulness of that UPS...