Eyefinity question

SkytTe

Atm I'm running a 22" (1680x1050 res) screen, but thought of expanding to triple-screen setup Eyefinity, since I now have the hardware to do it :)

My question is, will it work properly buying 2x 22" (1920x1080 res) to work with my current one? Where I'm buying, the 1920x1080 are cheaper than the 1680x1050 :O

Well, basically it's a question regarding different resolutions with Eyefiny. I read something about it on their web, but didn't really understand it.

I asked my friend the same question who has it and he said no. Say he is wrong though and it does work that would be horrible for gaming. Think about it...you are moving your cursor - it would go from say mid-point on one screen to the top of the higher resolution monitor ...that would SUCK for gaming! Luckily crosshairs stay in the center but some games have HUD components on the sides of the display. Not to mention, it would just look weird and ruin the whole effect.

It can work but you will be restricted to 1680x1050 on ALL 3 monitors. Depending on the monitor's abilities this could end up being stretched to fill the screen. If it does do 1 to 1 pixel mapping you will have black bars top and bottom and if you can adjust your monitors positions/heights AND the dot pitch is close it might look alright.

Could you sell your smaller res monitor to finance 3 identical ones (they don't all have to be new).

It can work but you will be restricted to 1680x1050 on ALL 3 monitors. Depending on the monitor's abilities this could end up being stretched to fill the screen. If it does do 1 to 1 pixel mapping you will have black bars top and bottom and if you can adjust your monitors positions/heights AND the dot pitch is close it might look alright.

Could you sell your smaller res monitor to finance 3 identical ones (they don't all have to be new).

You need to buy all 3 of the same resolution and same size monitor. Find models with as thin a bezel as you can. Make sure at least one unit has a "display port" connection. You must have at least one of those from what I've been able to gather. I have been planning on buying 3 monitors when I save up enough money. I played with 2 monitors of different size and resolution and didn't like how they matched up (ignoring the 2 screen issue).

You need to buy all 3 of the same resolution and same size monitor. Find models with as thin a bezel as you can. Make sure at least one unit has a "display port" connection. You must have at least one of those from what I've been able to gather. I have been planning on buying 3 monitors when I save up enough money. I played with 2 monitors of different size and resolution and didn't like how they matched up (ignoring the 2 screen issue).

You do not need a monitor with a DP connection. I have three monitors with only HDMI ports. All you need if you are at, or under 1920x1200, is a $25 display port to hdmi (or dvi, whichever your monitor has) powered connector for your third monitor. For the other two, just get whichever ones connect to your monitor and video card. In my case I have the following: 1x HDMI -> HDMI cable. 1x HDMI -> DVI cable. 1x HDMI to DVI, connected to a DVI to mini-DP powered adapter. This topic has been covered for so long now on hundreds of sites, I don't understand why there is still confusion about it. Hope that helps.