Home Theater Receiver.

Psywar

I got it though Amazon. I just did the return for a refund thing. I already got a shipping label from them.

So it should go smooth. (knock on wood).

I hope my next receiver is not so loud. I don't know if it was because it only had one speaker playing. Vol. #1 was like super loud.

Loud to the point where I would have a hard time listening to it at night with out waking someone up down the hall lol.

I think I am going to give Onkyo a shot next time around.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get a 9v battery and test each speaker individually - just tap the leads to the terminals. If the speakers are in the least bit working you'll hear them pop quite loudly. DO NOT hold the leads on the battery - just tap them.

Don't use 9v, get out a AA battery instead...

1.5v much safer and exactly what I use while testing speaker wires in cars, to determine FR, FL, RR and RL and if they are even working.

I think I am going to give Onkyo a shot next time around.

+1 for Onkyo next time

Edited by Stonerboy779

Thank you guys for the Suggestions!

One of the biggest problems I had with looking for the receiver is brand names. I have never heard of Onkyo until yesterday when I started looking at receivers.

It seem's like they have solid specs. I just did not know if I bought one if I would end up with a piece of junk.

I do understand you get what you pay for, but occasionally you will find items that are less pricey and still work great.

Thanks again! I will check out all of these guys and figure out which one suits my purpose best.

Onkyo has been around since 1946. I have a HT-RC360 and a TX-NR809.

I am happy with both of them.

http://www.intl.onkyo.com/company_information/history/index.html

Sorry that you couldn't get it working Psy :(

As you jump into the market for a replacement, check out Crutchfield+Paypal deal. I got an email yesterday from Paypal about $20 off any $100 or more purchase at Crutchfield. They have a great selection, pricing is fair and customer service is outstanding.

1.5v much safer and exactly what I use while testing speaker wires in cars, to determine FR, FL, RR and RL and if they are even working.

+1 for Onkyo next time

Roger, Roger! (Droids from Clone Wars!)

Onkyo has been around since 1946. I have a HT-RC360 and a TX-NR809.

I am happy with both of them.

http://www.intl.onky...tory/index.html

I will take a look at those this weekend! Thank you!

Sorry that you couldn't get it working Psy :(

As you jump into the market for a replacement, check out Crutchfield+Paypal deal. I got an email yesterday from Paypal about $20 off any $100 or more purchase at Crutchfield. They have a great selection, pricing is fair and customer service is outstanding.

I used to do all my shopping for car audio at Crutchfield. I stopped using them a long while back because their prices were soo much higher than everyone else's. I will take a look at them again though. It has been a long time.

Their CS was always outstanding too from what I remember.

If you end up with an Onkyo make sure you keep it in a well ventilated area. They run hotter than other receiver manufacturers. Thats a very good choice though, they make awesome gear.

So I guess no putting my Blu-ray player and Xbox on top of it? lol!

Meh, 9 volt batteries are completely safe for 99.99% of the speakers out there. Most 9v batteries can't produce enough current to damage anything but the crappiest of speakers.

I guess AA or AAA batteries are technically a better idea though. They don't work so well for large drivers so I tend to use 9v batteries all the time. :lol:

Meh, 9 volt batteries are completely safe for 99.99% of the speakers out there. Most 9v batteries can't produce enough current to damage anything but the crappiest of speakers.

I guess AA or AAA batteries are technically a better idea though. They don't work so well for large drivers so I tend to use 9v batteries all the time. :lol:

You're only doing it for 1/4 of a second anyways, I doubt even a PC speaker (internal PC speaker) would be damaged by a 9V battery.

You're only doing it for 1/4 of a second anyways, I doubt even a PC speaker (internal PC speaker) would be damaged by a 9V battery.

Yeah. Technically you could be looking at ~20-40 watts depending on the impedance of the speaker. It's such a brief connection I never worry about it. :P

Yeah. Technically you could be looking at ~20-40 watts depending on the impedance of the speaker. It's such a brief connection I never worry about it. :P

I have to, if I bust a customers speakers they aren't going to be happy plus stock speakers, the only ones I test useually are crappy quality. I also find AA is fine even for larger drivers having tested 250watt rms 4ohm speakers when I was redoing my dads car. The one thing I cant test is stock subs, when cars have them, as there location is generally the boot and even when full they barely penetrate into the car.