Home Theater Receiver.

Psywar

I have to, if I bust a customers speakers they aren't going to be happy plus stock speakers, the only ones I test useually are crappy quality.

True. I generally don't mess with stock/crappy speakers so I had forgotten that a 9v could be somewhat dangerous to them. :lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh god I love the level of sophistication round here :lol:

Any news on getting your money back yet?

cool2.gif

Yeah, should be all green lights to get refunded. I just need to ship it back.

Stupid me, I threw out the receiver box the day I opened it. I assumed it was going to work fine. Go figure!

So I just need to find a box to ship it back to Amazon in.

Sorry about your faulty Pioneer.I have a VSK21 Elite and an SC series.Both strong.If a Pio is not your next pick,then I would look into a denon,marantz,onkyo or yamaha.

Are you looking for a warm sound compared to bright,or does that not matter.

A warmer sounding amp would be very nice. These KEF speakers are very nice, but are very loud at low volume..

I plan on trying out the Onkyo next round here. I have not had the time to ship this Pioneer back, but once it is sent back I will start looking at the Onkyo's.

The two Denon's that I had eventually experienced the same problem - crackling and popping until they finally died. Both were under two years old - I'll never own one again.

Right now I own a Yamaha RX-A700 that I got open box and it works beautifully. It has great sound, great features. I can even hook it to my TV for a graphical configuration of response curves for each speaker, adjust individual volumes, etc. I'm sold on Yamaha now!

I'll put another vote in for harmon kardon. Awesome sounding amps!

They still make Home Theater Receivers? Coulda sworn the last one my step dad got was the last one they made. Great stuff never disappointed me.

As for me I still use my trusty old Technics SA-DX930. Technically its a panasonic since they own the company that used to make the Home Theater Receivers. Now all they make are turntables. Surprisingly even though its from '97 this thing still puts out 100W RMS and has 2 optical inputs as well as one coaxial input which is sufficent for my needs. Perhaps one day I'll check into something that offers HDMI inputs but considering this thing still does half of what current HT Receivers on the market do I may never get rid of it. I also have a passive 12" sub woofer that is run by another Technics HT Reciever (SA-GX350) which delivers another 100W RMS just for the sub woofer.

I'll tell you right now though that I rarely if ever use the full capacity of this sound system maybe 80W at most ever. So if you snag something that's only 80W RMS you still won't be disappointed. Makes me wonder why people bother putting these 1000W amps and subs in their cars. About that only thing that's good for is competitions otherwise its not even close to necessary.

They still make Home Theater Receivers? Coulda sworn the last one my step dad got was the last one they made. Great stuff never disappointed me.

Awww...don't tell me they don't make them any more... :yucky: EDIT: Whew...they still make receivers. :D

The one I have is rated at "40 watts" per channel but good God does it make a hell of a lot more power than that in real life. :lol: It's the AVR 210: http://www.harmankardon.com/resources/Brands/harmankardon/Products/ProductRelatedDocuments/en-US/OwnersManual/AVR%20210%20(120V)%20OM%20FINAL.pdf :cheers:

So basically don't trust wattage ratings - buy from a good brand and the rating means next to nothing. :P

Edited by Waco

Awww...don't tell me they don't make them any more... :yucky: EDIT: Whew...they still make receivers. :D

The one I have is rated at "40 watts" per channel but good God does it make a hell of a lot more power than that in real life. :lol: It's the AVR 210: http://www.harmankardon.com/resources/Brands/harmankardon/Products/ProductRelatedDocuments/en-US/OwnersManual/AVR%20210%20(120V)%20OM%20FINAL.pdf :cheers:

So basically don't trust wattage ratings - buy from a good brand and the rating means next to nothing. :P

Oh good I was hoping they still did. And yeah wattage doesn't mean all that much as long as its a trusted brand.