Overclocking i5 2500k

reezer

Why would you OC the turboboost, would that make it only run as a dual or single core at the max frequency?? I thought Intel's turboboost was gay like that?

Depends on the load. With bishops computer using Turbo to obtain a similar result all cores overclocked not just 1 or 2 threads.

They are probably enabled by default. If you are getting stable OC's, don't worry about them (though I am sure there are options there somewhere... on my Asus board they are right beneath my Vcore).

So you've got it at a 48 multiplier and a 1.34 Vcore? Because thats pretty badass if thats true. I think I had to push mine to 1.39v to get 4.8GHz stable.

What are you using for stability testing? I recommend (for preliminary testing) 1 hr of Prime95, 1 hr of OCCT, and 10 mins of Intel Burn Test (Linpacks/LinX ***This will bring the heat, trust me***).

Why would you OC the turboboost, would that make it only run as a dual or single core at the max frequency?? I thought Intel's turboboost was gay like that?

Nope. I review motherboards and CPU's.

Voltage reported by software will always vary. And the actual voltage isn't constant either (see also: LLC).

If you're at 4.3 and 1.32, just keep upping the vCore until you get your next multiplier stable. You should pay attention to temperatures, but the software voltage is going to vary slightly.