Need help for Low profile 100mm tall or less cooler for i7 2600

Hi Guys,

I'm new in the forum.

I spent a whole week to find a good solution for low profile cooling in the i7 era.

I'm having a problem that I've installed an nVidia GTX 560 card to my system and because its temperature, all of the other components in my system are getting "overheated".

I'm using the stock intel heatsink with temperature results like all cores 40 C idle and when I'm gaming everything go up as high as 87 degree celsius and it is not good.

My computer case is the Thermaltake DH202 with the 120 mm fan in the front and the two 60mm in the rear.

If anyone has a low profile aircooler solution for my rig which can preform well (I'm not going to overclock it at all) or some tips for better airflow in HTPC cases, than I'll be very happy.

Thank you all,

Edited by Kova101

Thanks for the quick answer dihartnell.

I've already checked the Scythe coolers but I thought that those low profile coolers won't enough for my i7 2600.

I read lot of forums and I found only tower type coolers as the best cooler solution for i7 series.

But anyway I'll stick with the Scythe Big Shiruken.

Thanks again ;)

• 2 months later...

if your not going to OC , its a lil old but its cheap and the reviews i've seen are tested with (first gen) i7's

meant for htpc (hence the low profile)

thermalright axp-140-rt

http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_page/product_page/cpu/axp140/product_cpu_axp140.html

Cirro this thread has been necroed :lol:

Nice low profile cooler tho

Thanks for the quick answer dihartnell.

I've already checked the Scythe coolers but I thought that those low profile coolers won't enough for my i7 2600.

I read lot of forums and I found only tower type coolers as the best cooler solution for i7 series.

But anyway I'll stick with the Scythe Big Shiruken.

Thanks again ;)

Defintely Tower works better especially Noctua NH-D14 or Silver Arrow. Alternatively you could use a Corsair all in one Water kit. :biggrin:

Welcome to OCC.