WTF 300 Hour curing time for Artic Silver Matrix

l1o2l

300 Hour curing time for Artic Silver Matrix... OMG

Anybody know how to reduce this? I'm getting higher temps than the generic silicone compound I used.

Spent 8 bucks for this lovely crap... LOL

That's what it says on the website, and I don't feel like buying more thermal paste.

Edited by l1o2l

MX-3... I have it and its Excellent.

Edit: Temps wise its just a couple of degree difference. But MX-3= No curing time and easier to apply.

Edited by Goth

I would say the Arctic Silver Céramique:

Break-in period: 25 hours (Break-in period will occur during normal use.)

It performs nearly the same as the good old Arctic Silver 5, but not with that 200 Hour break-in overhead. I bought it a few days ago on Amazon Marketplace for $10 shipped (the bigger 25g syringe).

Hardware Secrets has the biggest thermal comparison list I've seen so far.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Yeah use Noctuas NT-H1 compound or OCZ Freeze if you can find it!

I loved OCZ Freeze, but haven't seen it in ages! Did OCZ discontinue it? It was a great TIM. I've been using Tuniq TX-2, seems to work pretty well with my Thermaltake Frio and i7 930.

What was your application method?? The less you use the shorter break in will be. I have gone as far as to spread it on the chip with a razor blade And embedding the hsf with it with a Terrie cloth. The idea is great but its not much worth it as its only a marginal gain.

Just for information what heat sink and chip are you using and what is the overclock?