Netflix Pricing Changes.

greengiant912

this is odd to me since the price isnt changing. i;v been paying $16 all along for 2 years now for streaming and 1 dvd out. doesn't matter much since my last dvd has been sitting here for 6 months i should switch to streaming only.

I'm in exactly the same boat. This caused me to switch to streaming only and save money. Ok, no biggie there. :D

Edit: I'm actually considering dropping netflix myself now, I mean I do have Amazon Prime after all so...

I have Amazon Prime as well, but I haven't been that impressed with what streaming content that they offer for free. Hulu+ was another one that I was incredibly disappointed with... not only did it have a crappy selection, you ended up with 2-3 commercial breaks, and in my case it took longer to stream than Amazon or Netflix.

I'm in exactly the same boat. This caused me to switch to streaming only and save money. Ok, no biggie there. :D

I have Amazon Prime as well, but I haven't been that impressed with what streaming content that they offer for free. Hulu+ was another one that I was incredibly disappointed with... not only did it have a crappy selection, you ended up with 2-3 commercial breaks, and in my case it took longer to stream than Amazon or Netflix.

I don't even consider Hulu, it's always been pretty mediocre in my opinion.

Amazon Prime gives me a lot of the stuff I want anyway, which is comedy, especially stand up comedy.

My dad keeps paying for my Netflix son until he stops that I'll just keep doing the do :D but it's great to know good alternatives!

I don't think I'll be buying cable TV whenever I get my own place.

I pay $12.89 per month for Netflix unlimited streaming and one DVD/Bluray out at a time. To me that's a reasonable price. If they up that to $16 per month then I'll probably drop NF altogether. That's a shame but at some point you have to put a value to the product or the service and make your own decision as to whether it's a reasonable deal or not. And really I want/need to have both options. Streaming is great for killing dead time, and I've caught some pretty good shows and movies that I would have overlooked or completely missed otherwise. But you hardly ever find a good and real recent release on Netflix streaming. Their DVD/Bluray selection is slightly better in regards to good and recent releases.

The fact that new movies are delayed a month even on disk is rediculous. I started using the redbox on the corner yesterday. Redbox just needs to expand the blu-ray titles.

The fact that new movies are delayed a month even on disk is rediculous. I started using the redbox on the corner yesterday. Redbox just needs to expand the blu-ray titles.

I'm pretty sure that isn't up to netflix, netflix probably doesn't pay enough for the content to please all the companies, which could be a reason for why they're making this move but it's hard to say since they won't give a reason for it.

I'm pretty sure that isn't up to netflix, netflix probably doesn't pay enough for the content to please all the companies, which could be a reason for why they're making this move but it's hard to say since they won't give a reason for it.

Some movies take months to actually make it to DVD, which was one of the reasons I got rid of it. I had some new zombie movie release sitting on my list (at the top) for a good 3 months and never even got to see it. Oh well, I hear it was awful. XD

• 2 weeks later...