advices needed for GPU cooler

Well, recently i bought a 550Ti (i know its not the best choice, but prices were down, and its the best i could afford....)

so i bought it and tested it out at home, and its pretty sweet, i ran Crysis 2 pretty smoothly and no hitches...

but, here comes the prob, because the manufacturer's fan is not adequately enough to cool the GPU, it gets pretty hot after i ran the game for about 10min, so i'm asking if there are any coolers out there is best bang for the bucks? maybe something under $100 bucks? (USD)

it gets up to about 67 degress celcius, and that's about 152.6 Fahrenheit

so i'm wanting to get a better cooler....

@IVIYTH0S , i thought about getting 460, but even if i did, doesn't mean i get a good cooler on top, right? hehe

That's not unreasonable for a GPU, you're fine.

My point is that in the world of GPU's, they make them very thermal resistant, it's commonplace for many modern GPU's to sustain 100C and receive no damage, therefore if you have money to spend on the cooler, you should have spent it on performance since all the coolers are more than adequate. (if they weren't it'd be illegal to pair them with the cards lol)

actually, i think they ARE illegal, because they pair them with such lousy rated, and very insufficient cooler, rofl

Lol you should work in their QA department, nothing would make it out :lol:

actually, i think they ARE illegal, because they pair them with such lousy rated, and very insufficient cooler, rofl

I fail to see your basis for calling them insufficient when your loaded temps are well under the thermal threshold of the card...My 6970 gets up to 80C at times and it is never a problem, so the mid 60s you're seeing are completely fine.

it gets up to about 67 degress celcius, and that's about 152.6 Fahrenheit

so i'm wanting to get a better cooler....

@IVIYTH0S , i thought about getting 460, but even if i did, doesn't mean i get a good cooler on top, right? hehe

There is no need to spend $ on a cooler. those temps are normal.

like IVIY said , that is actually a very good load temp for a GPU. The average is around 80c.

Here is the Data/spec sheet for your GPU (not the thermal section...100c) http://www.geforce.com/#/Hardware/GPUs/geforce-gtx-550ti/specifications

http://www.guru3d.com/article/palit-geforce-gtx-550-ti-sonic-review/7

Edited by red1776

There isn't a gpu that runs completely cool. They all do a lot of processing and rendering so they are put to work unlike what the processor does especially in games. A good gpu is going to be the center of a system in games on a high or hardcore level. You can get that acellero And it will help. But do not get it unless you want to overclock the help out of that card. Others then that hearing what I have heard I'm going to agree. Leave it alone and enjoy it. Its operating as its disigned too.