Yamaha Seca 750 Finally Done, lots of pics!.

GabrielT

Thanks, I put 130 miles on it today.

Well it's only geared to do 130mph so the top end is more or less the same. 0-80 mph acceleration is wonderful after that it does trail off but it still is accelerating pretty hard over 80. I don't notice the wind really, never owned a bike with a fairing.

It sounds soooo sweet too.

Thatta boy!

Oh ok, yeah it shouldn't hurt it that much, though it must still feel terrible at those speeds haha, my bikes probably geared to maybe 110-115 but it gets pretty struggle some at like 80 and up and maxes out at 105 if I put my head down (100 if I leave it up)

VIDEO!?

i was going to say watch out if you were used to riding with a big fairing like that then even no screen the wind would push your shoulders around making the bike act funny but since you are used to riding without one then nevermind lol and it looks real nice too

Yeah my friend de-fairing'd his zx700 and he says it sucks being on the highway with, especially because he removed his mirrors too and can't check for the 5-0 lol

Damn, that's a major weight loss. :O

Even if you were on a superbike would you even want to go over 130 anyways?

Let's hear it rev!

:D

I would want to go over 130mph if only to desensitize myself to it.

:withstupid:

On a bike pretty much anything over 80 on a public road scares the living hell out of me!

Yeah I remember for the first month 70 and up was scary but not anymore.

Fast speeds in a straight line are nothing, it's the curves that count :P.

And that's the best rattle can job I've ever seen :O.

Yup, I want to work on my confidence in faster/lower turns and very slow turning since it's far more technical than high speed turning.

It handles really good, I have no trouble scraping the foot pegs at 60-80 mph.

again, video lol

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thatta boy!

Oh ok, yeah it shouldn't hurt it that much, though it must still feel terrible at those speeds haha, my bikes probably geared to maybe 110-115 but it gets pretty struggle some at like 80 and up and maxes out at 105 if I put my head down (100 if I leave it up)

VIDEO!?

again, video lol

I don't have a camera let alone one I want to strap on to my bike lol. Take my word for it how about, I have been riding for 8 years :P

I will figure out a way to record the sounds some day but a camera ride along isn't going to happen.

I know with some sport bikes you can buy camera mounts that screw into the gas tank. I guess maybe if you pulled out some old HDD magnets or got some real good ones, you can easily fabricate something to attach to the top of the tank and use that to mount a camera to... maybe... but then again, you'll be putting a lot of trust in that magnet :P.

I know with some sport bikes you can buy camera mounts that screw into the gas tank. I guess maybe if you pulled out some old HDD magnets or got some real good ones, you can easily fabricate something to attach to the top of the tank and use that to mount a camera to... maybe... but then again, you'll be putting a lot of trust in that magnet :P.

That's an excellent idea, though I wouldn't follow through with it because I'm sure people are sick of all the "0-Max Speed Ninja 250" videos on youtube haha

i've been considering a "ridecam" for my scoot for a couple of months but haven't been able to come up with a good method for getting it done. most of those little cams are out of my price range, and the cheaper ones don't seem to take good movies, i have a pal that rigged up a digital camcorder to his scooter and did a cool point of view video but the battery doesn't last for much over a half hour or so...suggestions are certainly welcome...

i've been considering a "ridecam" for my scoot for a couple of months but haven't been able to come up with a good method for getting it done. most of those little cams are out of my price range, and the cheaper ones don't seem to take good movies, i have a pal that rigged up a digital camcorder to his scooter and did a cool point of view video but the battery doesn't last for much over a half hour or so...suggestions are certainly welcome...

Umm.. ghetto mod a small generator onto your dive axle and plug the camcorder into that. You can get some really compact ones for small appliances so i am sure you could find a roughly fist sized generator for a camcorders required power.

:pics:

Umm.. ghetto mod a small generator onto your dive axle and plug the camcorder into that. You can get some really compact ones for small appliances so i am sure you could find a roughly fist sized generator for a camcorders required power.

hhmmm, say what speed? ...a generator?, dive axle? ...i don't get it ...i'm pretty sure i have plenty of juice available without getting crazy, i just need to figure out the best/cheapest camera hardware for a clean mod...

i've been trying to add bike pics for 2 days to this thread but somethings wrong....the click to attach files button isn't working and the use full editor option is missing...wtheck

Well honestly when I got the bike it had a cigarette lighter installed in the fairing. It would be easier and safer to rid up a cheap cigarette lighter adapter to the battery to power a camera for extended uses.

Well honestly when I got the bike it had a cigarette lighter installed in the fairing. It would be easier and safer to rid up a cheap cigarette lighter adapter to the battery to power a camera for extended uses.

I was thinking the same thing

What a beaut. My dad took the windscreen off his Suzuki a while back because it was giving him a bit of a wobble at high speeds. I think he may have put it back on though to keep the bugs out of his teeth. :P

:pics:

hhmmm, say what speed? ...a generator?, dive axle? ...i don't get it ...i'm pretty sure i have plenty of juice available without getting crazy, i just need to figure out the best/cheapest camera hardware for a clean mod...

i've been trying to add bike pics for 2 days to this thread but somethings wrong....the click to attach files button isn't working and the use full editor option is missing...wtheck

hehe ...lol

Wouldn't it be pretty hard to regulate the amount of current coming from a generator driven by the axle? I'm sure it could be done, but I'm also sure that it would be far easier to just hook up something with the wires for the cigarette lighter socket. I would definitely make sure you check the wires first, though :P. I don't think that cigarette lighters have as small of a tolerance as most electronic devices.