The Google+ Project: Discussion

Guest_Jim_*

It is possible to block people and mute something on your Stream. Not sure about exactly what those do, but we can test! So who won't mind being blocked and/or muted? I don't if you want to test on me.

Also, I'm going to try to find a number of you OCCer's, but if you would prefer I don't have you in my list or something like that, let me know and I will remove you. I don't mind and won't be offended.Only going to look for all of you because I can. I'm happy with just following people on the forum.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the invite flareback. It looks pretty fun. There is definitely a lot on it. But it looks like they are trying to make it really secure as well. But there is a different setting for each part, which is kind of confusing.

Yesterday I used the Android app to post something and, well, it works. You can select the privacy for it of Public, Extended Circles, Your Circles, and then any of your specific circles. Multiple choices can be selected. You can also select specific people to be able to see the post too. The post itself can have your location and pictures (either from the camera or gallery) attached. My phone is an HTC Incredible, so maybe this is a Sense thing, but I'm used to telling things to submit, enter, &c. on the button of the screen, normally requiring me to drop the keyboard away. This app has the Post button in the upper right, and everything fits on the screen in such a way that the keyboard barely blocks very little, so you have almost full access to the app, even with the keyboard up, in portrait. In landscape, and this could be a Sense thing, only the keyboard and text box is shown. That's really all I can say about the app, as I haven't had either need or desire to do more with it.

The iPhone Google+ app is out, but only for the iPhone and not the iPad's or iPod Touch's.

oh thank god, this has been my only complaint so far...that having been said, I love Google+. Finally, all of my online life is integrated together and I think Google really hit the ball out of the park with that. Facebook should be afraid of this, because why would I use Facebook's broken email and chat when I can use Google's proven system?

That having been said, feel free to add me :)

https://plus.google.com/110192014619856209433

oh thank god, this has been my only complaint so far...that having been said, I love Google+. Finally, all of my online life is integrated together and I think Google really hit the ball out of the park with that. Facebook should be afraid of this, because why would I use Facebook's broken email and chat when I can use Google's proven system?

That having been said, feel free to add me :)

https://plus.google.com/110192014619856209433

You should use Facebook because it probably won't be easy to get everyone to switch over to Google+. :lol:

I'm glad to hear your comment though, sounds like it's easier to use than Facebook.

You should use Facebook because it probably won't be easy to get everyone to switch over to Google+. :lol:

I'm glad to hear your comment though, sounds like it's easier to use than Facebook.

Before Google+ I was blissfully unaware of how crappy Facebook can be. I think that's the best way to put it haha

Before Google+ I was blissfully unaware of how crappy Facebook can be. I think that's the best way to put it haha

I avoided it for years because I knew how terrible it was but eventually it got me. Actually I think the only person on OCC without Facebook anymore is Guest Jim.

I realized it right away when I started using Facebook, the UI was terrible, menus hidden in tons of other menus, options for privacy challenging to get to, wall cluttered with crap nobody cares about, chat boxes so tiny and glitchy it looks like they trying to make fun of people with dyslexia, silly quizzes and stupid surveys for everyone to take and give away information about themselves and others, contests that need access to information they can't use in an entry, the list goes on and on. :lol:

I can't wait for something else to take the spotlight from Facebook.

I avoided it for years because I knew how terrible it was but eventually it got me. Actually I think the only person on OCC without Facebook anymore is Guest Jim.

I realized it right away when I started using Facebook, the UI was terrible, menus hidden in tons of other menus, options for privacy challenging to get to, wall cluttered with crap nobody cares about, chat boxes so tiny and glitchy it looks like they trying to make fun of people with dyslexia, silly quizzes and stupid surveys for everyone to take and give away information about themselves and others, contests that need access to information they can't use in an entry, the list goes on and on. :lol:

I can't wait for something else to take the spotlight from Facebook.

I dont use facebook. Though i may end up getting google+, all depends how many of my (offline)friends do.

Number 1 reason to love Google+ over Facebook: idiot friends can't post chain status messages. I freaking hate people who feel the need to repost every stupid thing they see about whatever current event they are latched on to at the moment.