The Google+ Project: Discussion

Guest_Jim_*

I'm going to guess there were people abusing the invite system actually. For example someone on 4chan or somewhere like that got in and they just started inviting everyone else on there, that's quite a large group of people, and a lot of them you don't really want in google+ either, they'd probably ruin about the same way they try to ruin youtube.

Oh, I'm sure that's what was happening, but still it would be nice if they could keep the invite ability in some form for testing. The best way I can think of doing it, and I don't know how easy it would be to program, would be to give who Google invites say 4 friend invites, but those friends don't get any. (If the friends could invite then you would have a pyramid effect and not solve anything.)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Age limit will never keep the young ones off the internet -- so I don't think I'll ever see a "facebook" for grown ups. I see the Google+ as another place to keep track of all my Friends and what they are doing and what they aren't doing -- I'm not so sure I want to have to check another social network to keep up to date with everyone... but I guess it's what will happen... :/

I don't really like the name Google+, what does that mean? it seems like more advanced search engine not a social network.

That's just a beta name I think, they're probably going to pick out a better name after a while. The name shouldn't really matter anyway, as a computer user the main concern should be stuff like practicality, functionality, resource management, ease of use, these are all things that Facebook lack, so if google gets all of that right then I intend to switch and advertise it to everyone on facebook until they switch.

I don't really like the name Google+, what does that mean? it seems like more advanced search engine not a social network.

It has to do with the +1 that there going to put in the search results, the equivalent of liking something on Facebook.