HD5770 constant crashing when launching a game, driver error on idle

djdyna

how to fix? It's driving me mad, what kinda developers do they have at AMD?!

No wonder i always used NVIDIA cards.

Here is the details in CCC

unledeg.png

Edited by djdyna

Need more info before we can help...

-History? Is this a brand new card? Has it been working fine and just recently started having problems? How long have you been using it, etc...

-Drivers? Have you reinstalled them recently? Have you cleaned out old drivers (from an old GPU especially) using a Driver Sweeper program?

-Games? Is this happening during a single game, every game, without gaming?

-Error? What error are you getting? Blue screen, driver error?

After that info, we can start to figure it out...

Need more info before we can help...

-History? Is this a brand new card? Has it been working fine and just recently started having problems? How long have you been using it, etc...

-Drivers? Have you reinstalled them recently? Have you cleaned out old drivers (from an old GPU especially) using a Driver Sweeper program?

-Games? Is this happening during a single game, every game, without gaming?

-Error? What error are you getting? Blue screen, driver error?

After that info, we can start to figure it out...

Yes this is a brand new card and it's been in the machine for 7 hours. I re-installed windows 7 HP 64bit so it was a nice clean system.

Display driver stopped responding and recovered (DRIVER ERROR). It happens after a few seconds as soon as you launch ANY game and even a media file.

It seems i need to up the idle clocks as they aren't raising fast enough or something? atleast many other ATI users have this issue due to the retarded powerplay so called energy saving feature.

The card runs at around 48-51C idle.

Never going to go with ATI again, this is suppose to be a bit of an upgrade to my old XFX 9600GSO not to have to do silly fixed for it to work! :(

Edited by djdyna

I installed a 5770 not 2 weeks ago for my little brothers machine, it worked (and still works) flawlessly.

Have you found a solution? Once you fix the issue with the drivers or powerplay (which I think can be disabled) then it should be a very nice upgrade.

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer of the card? Which drivers have you tried? If you try different drivers I'd recommend the latest ATi has up, the latest the manufacturer has up, and the driver that came with the card.

If its all the way to 50 something degrees just IDLING then that sounds like something is wrong. It shouldn't crack 40 degrees on idle, 50-60 STRESSED.

Whats your case and airflow like?

If its all the way to 50 something degrees just IDLING then that sounds like something is wrong. It shouldn't crack 40 degrees on idle, 50-60 STRESSED.

Whats your case and airflow like?

the case and airflow is fine atleast for a microATX. The problem isn't overheating. It seems anything in 3D it hangs.