New Anti Virus thats good

DanTheGamer11

Which?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best?

• Norton - I never used this
    • McAfee - Came on both laptops so...
    • Avast - I used this on my PC but it doesn't seem effective?
    • Others and mention which and why
    • mse
    • kapersky thingy
    • e node 32 thingy
    • avg

I've been running AVG Free with Comodo Free firewall and Malwarebytes on my laptop and desktop for a while now. I haven't had to format due to a virus in over 2 years, and that was when I was using McAfee... and was stupid with WHO I let use my computer.

Protip: Blonde girls with big boobs, while fun to hang out with, do not know what to not click on.

Thanks guys... so many different suggestions... it seems mcafee isn't popular... would you recommend the payed avast version?

so how much is mse as this seems to b the most popular...? could i use it at the same time as avast? i heard that you cant cause they conflict?

You really shouldnt mix and match AV programs. They tend to interfere with each other and automatically block/cancel several features on each program. Ive seen this several times with more invasive AV programs such as McAfee or Norton, but not with MSE, theres always a first time for anything though, just as a rule of thumb... One good AV program is best, And MSE is VERY good.

Thanks guys... so many different suggestions... it seems mcafee isn't popular... would you recommend the payed avast version?

so how much is mse as this seems to b the most popular...? could i use it at the same time as avast? i heard that you cant cause they conflict?

mcafee,norton =(pos+pita)-(wasted time+ wasted space+wasted $$ $)...

Ive only used freeware AV for the last decade. Ive tried them all and retried a few. Right Now I am extremely happy with Panda Cloud AV, 1.4, 2011 version. Its one of those live AVs and works very well. It just nabbed a Virus the other day for me while I was on the web. The foot print on my system for it really isnt very large. I dont mind it being a live connection to their servers...im always updated and it is very efficient. No real impact on my gaming and i have nothing to hide so i dont mind the live connection.. I mean how much worse can it be than Steam or any of the other control freaks out there.

Ive only used freeware AV for the last decade. Ive tried them all and retried a few. Right Now I am extremely happy with Panda Cloud AV, 1.4, 2011 version. Its one of those live AVs and works very well. It just nabbed a Virus the other day for me while I was on the web. The foot print on my system for it really isnt very large. I dont mind it being a live connection to their servers...im always updated and it is very efficient. No real impact on my gaming and i have nothing to hide so i dont mind the live connection.. I mean how much worse can it be than Steam or any of the other control freaks out there.

S o many choices argh!

Microsoft Security Essentials...

Its Free(With a legit copy of windows) and its non-invasive. Meaning it doesnt bog your system down by using 250MB of ram no reason, and it wont second guess EVERY click you make **Cough** **cough** McAfee/Norton.

MSE is by far the best active AV program ive ever used!! Cannot recommend it enough.

^This.

<br><br>so its better than most paid ones? so would the free avast work with mse if you guys are saying its that good?

Dan, not to be rude, but don't you understand what we already told you? You don't run two avs at once. :nono:

I cant tell you its better than any paid one as the only paid one i ever used was a gift 1 year subscription to that virus called norton anti virus. All i can tell you is that along with the programs i have already mentioned nothing has ever got through to harm my system.