Opinions on XSPC wc kit

Nyt

It definetly has the cooling capacity already, so another rad is not required. If the idea is to learn about wc then an installation test will show if the x20 pump is powerful enough. To size pumps for liquid systems the pumps head pressure is used. I have seen manufacturer charts that gives rad pressure drop to flow rate. The other system pressure drop is the block pressure drop. Next there is the hose and fitting pressure drop. The pump pressure size formula to use would be pump pressure @ flow rate >= rad pressure drop + block pressure drop + hose and fitting pressure drop.

For sure with the right fittings the universal block will work.

When comparing weight of the blocks the universal with the addition of a heat sink (ram/power mosfet) is around ~ 400g without the optional fan and the full block is ~ 1000g.

Cooling crossfire/sli with two slot cooling solutions on two slot mobos has only two solution the full block and the universal block with the addition of a heat sink (without the fan if the fan is so close to the next pcb that no air gets blown on the heatsink). Although ceej has a dual card config with stock cooling that has the second card suffering from ~ 5c higher temp.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get the kit in addition get some tubing for it. the tubing included is kind of a sick joke so Get some duralene 1/2 - 3/4 clear pvc tubing to go with it and a tubing cutter.

I have the XSPC small kit that comes with the 240 radiator and I have been please with it. gave the radiator to Bishop 245 along with some other stuff to complete his WC loop and he is also pleased with its performance. I am pretty sure that is the kit that comes with the large tripple rad so get some high OP fans to go with it and you can nearly cool a small engine with it, :rofl: