Micro ATX Quiet Case Build

jammin

Got an email to say that my motherboard has been dispatched today, so hopefully that should get delivered tomorrow.

Here is the top panel after a few coats of clear varnish and installed on the top of the case. It is basically just friction fit, which I'm thinking will be fine as long as I remember I can't pick up the case by the top panel once everything is installed (shouldn't be a problem). Might work out some kind of latch system if I think it's needed.

IMG_0641.jpg

Had to open the aperture right up, as the light is fading here, so pretty shallow DOF.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you piss about in photoshop, can you experiment with some lighter/darker varnishes? I'm curious you see - it looks good in the fit and such, but wondering if it wants to be darker ... hard to say. My head isn't perfect at imagining things ...

(but in other news, Anna gave me the nod to build a desktop ... !)

Oh and I call shotgun on your old case. We can talk parts another day ... assuming you are parting with them and all?

Yes, all of the old stuff is going basically. A discussion will be had.

Looking good, i like the varnish as it is. Cant wait for the bottom piece.

As tends to be the way with varnish, it looks different depending on what the lighting is like. I'm pretty happy with it too though. :)

Bottom piece may be a little quicker, what with the lessons learned from the top piece.

I know we have the overall dimensions but I think you ought to take a few photos for some frame of reference or size comparison.

Throw a 51/4" drive in the picture or a 120MM fan so we can gauge visually how big it is.

These pictures of custom things always screw with my mind without a known object int he picture.

Yeah, I'll take a few photos with some stuff for comparison.

Putting it next to my Antec SOLO would be a good one.

It is a little wider than regular cases (to accommodate the thickness of sound proofing).

I'm really digging it, looks very sweet as it is. The shade of the varnish goes well with the carbon fiber, gives it a unique appearance. How soon do you expect the bottom piece to be made and attached?