Should i trade 5770Vapor to Gtx260 216 Palit

Did my trade :) very happy with the card performance but fan is noisy above 50% and underclock to stock setting 633 to take off some psu stress .

:lol: just :lol:

fan is noisy: GPU is running it's fan higher because it's less efficient

underclocked to stock settings: GPU is hungry because it's less efficient.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you mean ? i'm using more watts even i downclocked it ?

I think this is his point! Everyone told you the GTX 200 series was going to be much more inefficient ;) Now you have downclocked it and you are using more watts than you were! But, if things are running smoother for you then :thumbsup:

lol , i'm actually happy because there's a massive increase a framerate and smoothness of fps . i'm just afraid that my psu might not have enough juice .

gtx 275 stock = 219 watt +

q6600 2.7 = 100w +

2 hdd = 30w ?

approx 350w , guess i'll be fine :)

you shouldn't see a "massive" increase in frames, especially stock clocked. But if you're happy with it....that's all that matters. I'd buy a better PSU so you can get more of your money's worth

My psu is just 4 months old >< dang should've bought a 620 . I did see an increase of 25fps in atitool stability test and in mafia 2 i could use aa , jerky mafia 2 with 5770 aa . Anyway the twin frozr cause a 3 degree temp increase on my CPU , it's keeping the heat in the case shucks .

mafia 2 will get a frame boost because it's an nvidia, not necessarily because the card is better (physx support).

Yeah reference coolers are great for those who keep their computer closed up.

No turning back and no regret either :) , was a good deal i got this 5770 for approx usd $90 and traded it for gtx275+$15usd . I'm pretty confident i can sell gtx275 @ $110usd @ where i live :) .