Cooling Fans

Endevor

I just got two Silverstone, blue led, 120mm fans for my build, and they have a good hum to them,

What kind of fans do you guys use, I need some quieter ones. 120mm is pretty much standard for my build, though it can take 2x140mm and a 200mm

The bigger the quieter they are.

Yea, I know that. I actually have the same case as you, so you know what I can use. The type of gear that makes the fan turn contributes as well, just wondering who makes a decent fan. I heard coolermaster does, but I'm using the nzxt sentry 2 and have heard that coolermaster fans and that controller don't exactly agree.

One of my friends got some Noctua fans not too long ago and they are very good. I do kind of like the brown colour but it wouldn't really go with any case colour. My fans however are a mix of brands and sizes. 2x 120mm Cooler Master SickleFlow's, a clear 120mm Silverstone on the side panel and the 120mm and 200mm antec fans that came with my case. All of them run at max speed, all the time and my computer is therefore rather noisy although that just means I can brag about it. I still want to get more fans though because it doesn't seem like overkill yet. Probably will get a graphics card and CPU cooler with 2 fans each which might make it noisier.

As a side note, I wonder how loud and effective my 200mm fan would be if I made it spin at 120mm speed?

I like the Yate Loon for price/performance. SPCR likes the Nexus Real Silent PWM. XBit roundup the Noisblocker NB-BlackSilent Pro PL-1 took honors, Scythe Kama Flow 2 and Nanoxia DX12 honorable mention. Rexus gets some mention.

i am mostly running the cooler master R4-L2R-20AC-GP blue led fans they are rather quiet and do a good job

Same here...I buy them at SVC.com in a multi-pack A_G turned me on to these years ago and I have been buying them ever since...

http://www.svc.com/r4-s2s-124k-gp.html (black 4-pack)

http://www.svc.com/r4-l2s-122b-gp.html (clear blue LED 2-pack)

Yea, I know that. I actually have the same case as you, so you know what I can use. The type of gear that makes the fan turn contributes as well, just wondering who makes a decent fan. I heard coolermaster does, but I'm using the nzxt sentry 2 and have heard that coolermaster fans and that controller don't exactly agree.

I run all Cooler Master fans. all 120mm. You can plug in another fan to the hot-swap bay and it'll be quiter.