Prolimatech megahalems vs Corsair H60

jdhatt

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you looking to purchase them OP??

ok so ive picked up the megahalems for $40 from ncix (just heatsink no fans) and the H60 for $60 from ncix. so after getting the GELID fans it would come out to like $70-80 for the megahalems....i grabbeed them both cause they were both on sale but now i can make my choice and return whichever one i dont want, any advice? how does cooling performance compare in overclock? i plan to OC my i5 2500k to about 4.5ghz

ok so ive picked up the megahalems for $40 from ncix (just heatsink no fans) and the H60 for $60 from ncix. so after getting the GELID fans it would come out to like $70-80 for the megahalems....i grabbeed them both cause they were both on sale but now i can make my choice and return whichever one i dont want, any advice? how does cooling performance compare in overclock? i plan to OC my i5 2500k to about 4.5ghz

Go with the H60. Unlike the Megahalems it won't be pushing hot air in the case which will allow the mobo and other parts to be cooler. An H60 should have no issue bringing a Sandy to 4.5ghz.

Go with the H60. Unlike the Megahalems it won't be pushing hot air in the case which will allow the mobo and other parts to be cooler. An H60 should have no issue bringing a Sandy to 4.5ghz.

The suggested orientation of the H60 pushes hot air into the case just like the Megahalems will.

The suggested orientation of the H60 pushes hot air into the case just like the Megahalems will.

Except that you don't have to use the suggested orientation if you don't want to. Since he is only going 4.5ghz the H60 can just as easily pull air out and still perform well whereas with the Megahalems he has no option of where to place it.

Edited by Krieg1337

Eh. The H60 loses quite a bit of its appeal when sucking in hot case air...it's already not as good at dissipating heat.

Doesn't the H60 have mounting holes for an additional fan for push/pull?

yea im getting a Graphite 600T white special edition case from corsair and it comes with a 120mm fan at the back and then one comes with the actual heatsink so i could simply use that backfan as my second fan if i needed to.

yea im getting a Graphite 600T white special edition case from corsair and it comes with a 120mm fan at the back and then one comes with the actual heatsink so i could simply use that backfan as my second fan if i needed to.

THIS! is correct. With my megahalems it blows the hot air from the HSF directly into the rear exhaust fan... the hot air doesnt stay in the case. I would imagine this would be the same with most cases. Now with my DF-85, i have TWO rear exhaust fans sucking air out. As well as two top exhaust fans. But ideally this would be the situation your looking at. Either way it wont raise case temps very much.

THIS! is correct. With my megahalems it blows the hot air from the HSF directly into the rear exhaust fan... the hot air doesnt stay in the case. I would imagine this would be the same with most cases. Now with my DF-85, i have TWO rear exhaust fans sucking air out. As well as two top exhaust fans. But ideally this would be the situation your looking at. Either way it wont raise case temps very much.

so are you saying that going for the H60 and using the back fan as a secondary is a good plan as opposed to the megahalems? i cant really tell what ur saying, so far ive gained that u feel the idea i have with the H60 is a good one :P in which case thank you hehe

so are you saying that going for the H60 and using the back fan as a secondary

To be honest I don't think I'd mix fans on the H60 radiator. At best you'll end up with an annoying drone because the case fan is likely to spin MUCH slower than the stock H60 fan. At worst you'd end up hurting temperatures because the fan is slower and obstructing airflow.