Prolimatech megahalems vs Corsair H60

jdhatt

Hey guys,

so i picked up the megahalems today, but the salesman recommended the Corsair H60 instead for it and it got me thinking, so i have 2 weeks to return it (havent even bought any fans for it yet) so i thought i would ask your advice on which u guys think i should get? i can probs get a fairly decent price on the H60 since i know the salesman quite well. any opinions on which does a better job cooling?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See our review for the H60 and compare it to the Noctua DH14. The DH14 gave me similar results that the super mega did (younger brother of the megahalems)

i see...i didn't realize the h60 was so small and compact. would probably help my setup nicely, i'm @ 70 C currently 24/7 folding

i see...i didn't realize the h60 was so small and compact. would probably help my setup nicely, i'm @ 70 C currently 24/7 folding

70 C on a Phenom II??? That's too high...

i save about $10-20 with the H60....in terms of space saving the H60 is fantastic, i just need to know what will do a better job cooling and which is quieter

And that's before or after the fan purchase??

:withstupid: I'm surprised it's stable, usually Phenom II's are fussy about being over their max

And that's before or after the fan purchase??

:withstupid: I'm surprised it's stable, usually Phenom II's are fussy about being over their max

this is after the fan purchase i will have saved abot $10-20 by going with the H60...the guy can give me a decent price, which cools better? im hearing mixed responses in reviews and stuff

Really?

It's been between 65-70 @ full load for over a year and a half!

Folds 24/7, regardless of weather, etc. I will admit that 70 is high for my setup, but my lazy butt hasn't cleaned out intakes etc for over a month and my world is a dusty world!

Megahalems destroys the H60 for the price. The H60 comes close~ish in performance. But if you looking purely at performance, the Megahalems is your weapon of choice!

Now if space saving is something your interested in?? The Megahalems is pretty much the opposite of space saving lol. You'd sacrifice a few degrees in overall performance, but you'd be looking a much smaller unit.