Opinion on WC kit

Nyt

Hey guys,

So I was browsing some local pc stores and noticed that one of them can order the XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 watercooling kit and their price is reasonable and theres no big shipping fee for me to pay :woo: So the price is seriously lower than if I imported it .

The kit comes with all I need except coolant . Theres some Primochill Ice UV Red that is also available locally which is really appealing. I dont mind having a hard time cleaning the loop . This coloroured coolant can at least let me see if the loop is flowing

What do you guys think of this kit ? I saw this review and it keeps a 950 at 4.5GHz cool in the 70's C :woo: So I have extra potential on my 920 and I could maybe get there since their 950 was using a multi available to the 920

What do you guys think ?

Hey guys,

So I was browsing some local pc stores and noticed that one of them can order the XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 watercooling kit and their price is reasonable and theres no big shipping fee for me to pay :woo: So the price is seriously lower than if I imported it .

The kit comes with all I need except coolant . Theres some Primochill Ice UV Red that is also available locally which is really appealing. I dont mind having a hard time cleaning the loop . This coloroured coolant can at least let me see if the loop is flowing

What do you guys think of this kit ? I saw this review and it keeps a 950 at 4.5GHz cool in the 70's C :woo: So I have extra potential on my 920 and I could maybe get there since their 950 was using a multi available to the 920

What do you guys think ?

That's the kit I am planning to import to NZ but i have no actual experience. Plenty people have recomended it and for the price I think it is good value.

Not really , guys fit the double thick RX360 in with ease into the 932 . Im already sporting 3 top fans so a 360mm rad will fit and theres enough space below for a Push/Pull config

Basically the only kit , others break my budget with shipping.

Once I get Ivy Bridge then a more powerful kit wouldn't even be needed correct ?

XSPC makes great stuff and I am sure this kit is no exception. I am still amazed at the price every time I look at it. The only think that I dont like is the pump/res combo, since if your pump went out, you would have to buy a new pump and reservoir. Still don't think this could be beat for the price. I say go for it :thumbsup:

Edited by Water_Hazard

That's a good kit but I'd suggest a silver coil + distilled water instead of some type of mixed coolant. You won't see the coolant flowing with colored fluid any more than you will with water.

Actually that kit comes with its ups and downs. THe only difference is the radiator in The kit I got is an x2 120mm fan. The only issue with it was the tubing was unacceptable. I traded it in for a Duralen 1/2 - 3/4 tubing and everything was great. The fans are not exactly great but they work ok for a starting kit. I eventually traded them for a set of push pull coolermaster r4's. Right now its cooling my I7 @ 4.00ghz max temp @ 70c under Occt linpak. Its a win kit for sure.

Other then that its a solid kit Nyt. Enjoy it.

Here is a post where I made a picture of it currently. Enjoy

Post #37

I eventually traded them for a set of push pull coolermaster r4's. Right now its cooling my I7 @ 4.00ghz max temp @ 70c under Occt linpak. Its a win kit for sure.

Im also replacing the fans with those same ones you got .

I hope you mistyped 4GHz since my H70 gets in the 60's at 4GHz :lol:

Nyt - I don't have any experience with that particular kit, but I've been buying some XSPC w/c stuff over the last year, and I've been completely satisfied with everything I've got. I don't see any reason this kit won't be the same for you.

I say go for it.

You can always upgrade individual parts (i.e. fans, tubing) etc. down the line if needed. But personally I think it's a great starting point.