This may sound a bit silly...

Onion

I'm not on my main computer (at the parents for the weekend), I just clicked on 'view page source' and searched for .FLV.

On my machine I use 'Video DownloadHelper', it has never failed to detect and download the media that I've wanted.

Not to judge anyone, as i would probably use it given the chance, but is that legal?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to judge anyone, as i would probably use it given the chance, but is that legal?

This is how I see it. When you steal something you are actually taking something away from someone. When you make a copy no one loses anything.

But strictly speaking it's bending the rules a bit.

"Downloads: 88,394,920"

There would probably be something on the news about it if it were illegal.

And technically, when you listen or watch it, you ARE downloading it, because it is stored in the cache or temporary files (right?). So all you are doing is making it accessible when you aren't online....

Exactly. what is the difference between watching it online a few times and listening to it on your computer when you aren't online? Really it's stupid.

The newest real player allows you to download videos, and then you can simply use something like AoA Audio Extractor to get the audio from it. I wouldn't think it's illegal, seeing as I doubt anyone is selling that video, and nobody can get a name for the song so you can't buy it.