not comfortable with my temps....

I may very well invest in a d14 and maybe try to sell this guy. I gotta say tho I did a through vacuuming this past weekend (much better then anything I've done before) and I gotta say EPIC ammounts of dust of course. and running the 4.01GHz OC w/HT Clipboard01-9.jpg I gotta say P95 topping out at about 72 as you can see and we all know those temp might never be reached in day to day operation. VERY good. [obvious self-promoting plug] this is my first self-build and I am just as happy as [insert some funny reference here] with it. thing booted up from the first try and worked ever since. [/obvious self-promoting plug]

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup:

Clean machine, good airflow = win

I think I can actually see about 3 degrees difference - truly amazing.

p.s. I read that the D14 is nearly 3lbs? holy crap! won't that break the mobo?

I think I can actually see about 3 degrees difference - truly amazing.

I wouldn't worry about the weight of the cooler, chipboard is incredibly strong and hard to snap.

Much better temps! I dont see any reason to upgrade your cooler if your temps stay in that area then! Really anything less than 80c for 24/7 operation is great on those 920's.

Your idle temps are still a bit high, this usually points to not enough fresh air getting into your case, which results in a high internal case temp. Unless your ambient temps are high.

I would recommend that all the mobo holes have a screw to the mobo tray to insure sturdy, strong connection, but really just check the d14 specs and the installation instructions. Their engineers will know if it will be able to be supported. If I had the cooler I could tell you.

I would recommend that all the mobo holes have a screw to the mobo tray to insure sturdy, strong connection, but really just check the d14 specs and the installation instructions. Their engineers will know if it will be able to be supported. If I had the cooler I could tell you.

Nope

ofc all the mobo holes have a screw. what am I a moron? first thing I did was bolt it down according to A-B-C holes (or whatever the case may be)

p.s. a follow up question - what household liquid can be used to get thermal paste off the CPU? can alcohol be used?

Those temps are very high for that voltage. Not much better than the stock heatsink.

um.... kind of mixed replies I'm getting? you say HIGH others say YAY! whom to trust *stokes sould patch, then remembers that there is none*

ofc all the mobo holes have a screw. what am I a moron? first thing I did was bolt it down according to A-B-C holes (or whatever the case may be)

p.s. a follow up question - what household liquid can be used to get thermal paste off the CPU? can alcohol be used?

I guess I am because my mobo is installed without all the screws. hahahahahaha

I just use a clean rag to remove thermal paste.