[DEAL] Vertex 2 90GB SSD for $169!!!

OCFreak

not a great deal imo. wait about 2 weeks, and for $80 more you can get 38gb more space and vertex 3 speeds (almost twice the vertex 2)

The Vertex 3 drives start at $299.99. Sorry.

Let me know when SSD's drop below $100, cause there is no way in hell I can justify dropping close to 2 bills on 90 gigs of space.

And you will have to live without the break neck speeds of SSD until then. :)

I find it funny that people automatically discount that abilities of SSD in comparison to the mass storage they have on platters. It costs what it costs for a reason. And once you have it, you never go back.

Let me know when SSD's drop below $100, cause there is no way in hell I can justify dropping close to 2 bills on 90 gigs of space.

Right with you. I want 100GB for 50-70$. My plan....Wait.

Thats what i always do to save money.

I find it funny that people automatically discount that abilities of SSD in comparison to the mass storage they have on platters. It costs what it costs for a reason. And once you have it, you never go back.

...but they'll spent hundreds on getting slightly faster framerates with new CPUs and RAM. :P

I have quite a bit in my SSD array due to my early adoption of my first 128 GB SSD (I got the second one for $160...a steal!) and I don't regret it one bit.

...but they'll spent hundreds on getting slightly faster framerates with new CPUs and RAM. :P

I have quite a bit in my SSD array due to my early adoption of my first 128 GB SSD (I got the second one for $160...a steal!) and I don't regret it one bit.

And I thought 1 SSD was overkill :mellow:

I just am waiting until SSD's are mainstream. (like Dell/HP, that kinda mainstream) So they are affordable enough to not have HDD.

I'm just waiting for the $1/gb ssd's to come out, I don't even care if they have the fastest max reads/writes. The differences between that and the higher priced ones wont be as noticeable as the jump from platter to solid state is.

I just ordered a Vertex 3 from NewEgg because I had a credit coupon, and I can tell you that there is a noticeable difference between that and the C300 I had before.