Diablo 3

tkrow21

I don't think anyone is not playing it only because of server issues as you put it unless they own it and the servers are actually down. :lol:

Well you keep saying that "these are the reasons I'm glad I didn't pick up the game". So why are you still talking about the game if you don't even own it and have no interest in getting it? Oh that's right, because you think your opinion should be every persons opinion. The game is fun, I have not had server issues, and I did not waste my money. End of conversation.

:lol: I want to love this game...I just can't. I had huge interest in it till all of the aforementioned issues came to light. :(

What issues? I mean honestly if your going to pay attention to some troll who didn't get what they wanted then how are you going to play any games out there?

There is always someone who is going to be mad that they didn't go x direction with it... Don't judge by what other people are saying, try the game yourself. Play it because you want to play it.

Hell look at Mass Effect 3 and the people who were so pissed of at that game. Is it a bad game? I think it is a great game, sure the ending was disappointing, but the journey was epic.

Everyone I know who is playing D3 says it keeps getting better the farther in you get. So Blizzard must of did something right...

I don't think anyone is not playing it only because of server issues as you put it unless they own it and the servers are actually down. :lol:

:withstupid: I never had any qualms with "Always Online".

What issues? I mean honestly if your going to pay attention to some troll who didn't get what they wanted then how are you going to play any games out there?

You may not feel like dumbing down the Diablo series is an issue, but I do.

Blizzard changed the Diablo series from an Action-RPG to a straight forward hack-and-slash. That may appeal to you, but not to me and many others. It's fine that you like that type of genre, but I don't. I like my games to require a little thought.

The original Diablo was strictly hack and slash. The second one added a whole level of over-complexity with stats and skills that could not be changed once used without some outside software help. The third combined the best elements of both games IMHO. You get the hack and slash simplicity of the original with the varied characters and spells/skills/etc of the second game. I have never played WoW or any other of the current crop of RPG, so I did not come into Diablo III expecting that. I wanted the update to a game that I really enjoyed playing. I didn't want to spend hours upon hours online with character creation and development and going on marathons of gaming. I'm too damn old for that crap now. Hell, I'm probably too old to be buying Diablo III on release day before noon. This game so far has delivered on what I wanted.

I also have come to like the single player version. I can play it myself or make it a public game. I can easily swap items between characters. My computer always has an internet connection, so that isn't a problem.

I'll traveling quite a bit this summer with plenty of downtime. I won't always have an internet connection either so that rules this game out. I'm with Clay on this one too, I don't like how they dumbed it down. I actually like games that when you start leveling, you can't just change it. Gives the game more play-ability because I find it fun to go back through with another character with different skills.

I'll traveling quite a bit this summer with plenty of downtime. I won't always have an internet connection either so that rules this game out. I'm with Clay on this one too, I don't like how they dumbed it down. I actually like games that when you start leveling, you can't just change it. Gives the game more play-ability because I find it fun to go back through with another character with different skills.

To be fair, the skills in Diablo 3 and previous Diablo games are meant to be replaced with higher level skills. You don't use your level 1 fireball at level 60. When they had skill points in Diablo 3, all players ever did was respec and dump all the points into newly unlocked skills. It's just a pointless cycle, exactly what I'm doing in Torchlight 2 beta right now. It doesn't give you any more control over builds than the system in Diablo 3.

Stats and Skill point allocation isn't all that complex of a system most people make it out to be (Path of Exile's sphere allocation is more complex than the point system used in Diablo). Give a game a month after launch and you already have guys posting spreadsheets telling you exactly what to do, because this is the most efficiency way to do it.

Going back to Diablo 2: LoD the method for creating a new character (for most experienced players, if you weren't doing this I would say you were a casual player no matter how many hours you logged!!!):

1. Create a character

2. Rush the character to Hell difficulty (1-2 hours)

3. Power level the character to 85+ via Chaos/Baal/UberTrist runs (~40 minutes - X hours)

4. Use +stats items to reduce the number of points to put into STR/DEX (hellfire, anni, charms, runewords, & uniques)

5. Put only enough into STR/DEX just to wear your gear, rest goes into VITA

6. Go PvE or PvP, you're done

That entire cycle was rinse and repeat for every character I made in Diablo 2: LoD. Its not complex, its just something you did to reduce the grind and be more efficient.

Signed,

Former D2: LoD Player who owns the uber rare and extremely few remaining perm Armageddon's Flech (Worth ~150 SoJs).

Edited by AZNguyen

Beat Act 1, some interesting moments. I need to make new characters to offload all the crap I've been storing in my stash. Normal difficulty is easy mode, hard to die haha.

Update: Act 2 minions are noticeably stronger. My merc actually died for once haha.

Edited by AZNguyen

I need to make a mule to to hold stuff. The stash gets full quickly. I'm trying to beat normal with one character first before I start building other characters. I am liking the mok so far though.

:withstupid: I never had any qualms with "Always Online".

You may not feel like dumbing down the Diablo series is an issue, but I do.

Blizzard changed the Diablo series from an Action-RPG to a straight forward hack-and-slash. That may appeal to you, but not to me and many others. It's fine that you like that type of genre, but I don't. I like my games to require a little thought.

And thats perfectly fine :D go play the games you want to play! :)

Beat Act 1, some interesting moments. I need to make new characters to offload all the crap I've been storing in my stash. Normal difficulty is easy mode, hard to die haha.

Honestly I have been just selling stuff and turning it into crafting materials... Not really worth hanging onto as you get a ton of other stuff quick... It will make much more sense later on in the game imo, with the super uber gear :)