Diablo 3

tkrow21

my kids net connection kept dropping before the install and it turned out his lan port is giving up the ghost... I just threw in an old NIC card and its been trouble free...only issue I had... wasnt even related though

Managed to squeeze a couple hours of play time last night - ran surprisingly well on older hardware. I was even able to play with relatively good settings on a GTS250 on one machine. The 5770 ran flawlessly. Can't wait for the real deal!

Running Win7 x64 here too and it's working fine :)

Hmm. After more digging Blizzard is claiming that it's due to an optional security update that Windows 7 x64 has. I remember having to manually check a security update in the past few weeks so I bet that's the real issue.

I did actually get it to launch once last night...but since it wasn't fully downloaded it ran like absolute crap. :lol: I gave up after a couple minutes of screwing around with character creation.

I gave up after a couple minutes of screwing around with character creation.

Are you sure you were playing the correct game? What character creation? Unless you mean the pointless banner.

Are you sure you were playing the correct game? What character creation? Unless you mean the pointless banner.

I was a little disappointed that is all you can change.

Just messing with the different looks for characters. It was lagging so much I didn't even want to try to get into the game. Bursts of 60 FPS followed by a single frame for 3-5 seconds while it downloaded something it needed wasn't fun. :lol: The downloader indicated that the game was "playable" but if the menus were being weird I can't imagine the game would play any better. :P

Just messing with the different looks for characters. It was lagging so much I didn't even want to try to get into the game. Bursts of 60 FPS followed by a single frame for 3-5 seconds while it downloaded something it needed wasn't fun. :lol: The downloader indicated that the game was "playable" but if the menus were being weird I can't imagine the game would play any better. :P

Yeah, the installer allows you to play the game before you have a fully downloaded/installed copy, but it certainly isn't recommended, even by Blizzard.

Yeah. The downloader just wouldn't consistently download for me either...my network usage was spiky at best and never really averaged more than 2-300 KB/s. Just for fun I tried downloading the WoW client and it maxed out at 1.5 MB/s for the entire game. Perhaps the D3 servers were crazy busy or something...but I never got it fully downloaded. :lol:

Yeah. The downloader just wouldn't consistently download for me either...my network usage was spiky at best and never really averaged more than 2-300 KB/s. Just for fun I tried downloading the WoW client and it maxed out at 1.5 MB/s for the entire game. Perhaps the D3 servers were crazy busy or something...but I never got it fully downloaded. :lol:

I would say the servers were crowded. Anytime a new WoW comes out you can't download at a good speed for the next few days.

I've edited the OP again, there was a lot of outdated info that isn't relevant anymore. If anyone still needs to find something that was in the OP, I included the previous edit in a Google document.