Diablo 3

tkrow21

I would like something like one respec the first of every month or something like that, so it's not getting used every other minute like in wow.

They haven't decided (or at least haven't divulged) all the details. All they've said is that it'll be "the main gold sink" in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend, who has beta access, stayed with me for the weekend, so he let me play. I "beat" the beta with the Demon Hunter. The graphics were great and it was fun, but nothing extraordinary. Runes aren't in the game yet, so skills are pretty bland. I certainly miss the D2 skill tree.

As for our discussion about respeccing, I don't actually get what respeccing would do in this game. Skills simply get unlocked as you level and you can swap them any time you're in town for free. Your stats automatically increase as you level (eg. you don't put points into defense, precision, etc.). So the only thing I can think is that respeccing simply means removing runes from skills. shrug.

Overall, I'd say it was enjoyable, yet I was somewhat disappointed. The beta is only part of the first act and many items aren't even in the game yet, so it's hard to judge it fairly, but I certainly didn't find it as enjoyable as the most recent Action-RPG I played, Torchlight.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend, who has beta access, stayed with me for the weekend, so he let me play. I "beat" the beta with the Demon Hunter. The graphics were great and it was fun, but nothing extraordinary. Runes aren't in the game yet, so skills are pretty bland. I certainly miss the D2 skill tree.

As for our discussion about respeccing, I don't actually get what respeccing would do in this game. Skills simply get unlocked as you level and you can swap them any time you're in town for free. Your stats automatically increase as you level (eg. you don't put points into defense, precision, etc.). So the only thing I can think is that respeccing simply means removing runes from skills. shrug.

Overall, I'd say it was enjoyable, yet I was somewhat disappointed. The beta is only part of the first act and many items aren't even in the game yet, so it's hard to judge it fairly, but I certainly didn't find it as enjoyable as the most recent Action-RPG I played, Torchlight.

It is fun. Pretty easy but the first part is designed to be easy. The graphics are amazing. I like how bodies and debris move when you perform skills near them.

• 3 weeks later...
@BlizzardCS is giving away 500 keys for the exclusive Diablo III beta test over the next five weeks. If you want to lead the charge against the minions of the Burning Hells before the game’s official release – follow the instructions below and enter the drawing for your chance to win.

Starting December 20, 2011, we’ll be randomly selecting 100 winners each week to receive a key to our exclusive Diablo III beta test. Drawings will occur at the end of every Tuesday for five (5) weeks for the total 500 keys.

What you need to know:

How to Enter:

1. Have an active Battle.net® account

2. Be a registered user of Twitter®

3. During the Contest period become a follower of BlizzardCS® by visiting http://twitter.com/BlizzardCS and clicking “Follow;”

4. Use the hashtag #DiabloBeta and @BlizzardCS in a Tweet,

5. Send an email of the tweet to [email protected]. With a link to your tweet.

If you have not registered a Battle.net account, visit http://www.battle.net to register for a Battle.net account at no cost to you; and if you are not a registered user of Twitter®, simply visit http://twitter.com/signup to register at no cost to you.

Sweepstakes Starts

December 20, 2011 @ 1:00 pm (PST)

Sweepstakes Ends

January 23, 2012 @ 11:59 pm (PST)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3790198992?page=1

I found out how to link Twitter posts today :D

Q. Do you have to send the e-mail and tweets every round or just once?

A. No. One unique entry will be eligible per account per week. That means we require a new e-mail if you opt to submit multiple entries weekly. If you only want to enter once, though, we only require one e-mail and Tweet.

Q. Is there any benefit to re-entering every week?

A. Yes. Entries are additive. If you submit a new entry each week, by week five, you can have up to five chances for the final drawing.

Edited by Krazyxazn