Processor Overheating

Arjun

I've never seen that program before

what does 5000 RPM on the CPU mean?

The fans on the Stock phenom II cooler are high RPM fans. They "Idle" at like 2000 RPM lol... They have a max in the area of 5k so That means the fan is running at max...

Thanks a Ton guys...Your suggestions helped. There was a lot of dust clogged in the CPU fan and the thermal paste had totally dried out. After throughly cleaning the fan and applying Cooler Master Ice Fusion Thermal Compound (RG-ICF-CER2-GP) the noise has come down drastically. Also the idle temperature is 43 degree Celsius.

On Load(playing Counter Strike: Source) the load temperature is 46 degree Celsius and fan speed is 4200 RPM. I am pasting the stats.

Do you guys think the temperature is still a bit high for Phenom ll X4 3.4 GHZ on load/idle ?

Shall I straight away buy a CPU cooler or wait for say a month observe the stats and then buy it ? What do you suggest ?

post-70377-13009946422725_thumb.jpg

Thanks a Ton guys...Your suggestions helped. There was a lot of dust clogged in the CPU fan and the thermal paste had totally dried out. After throughly cleaning the fan and applying Cooler Master Ice Fusion Thermal Compound (RG-ICF-CER2-GP) the noise has come down drastically. Also the idle temperature is 43 degree Celsius.

On Load(playing Counter Strike: Source) the load temperature is 46 degree Celsius and fan speed is 4200 RPM. I am pasting the stats.

Do you guys think the temperature is still a bit high for Phenom ll X4 3.4 GHZ on load/idle ?

Shall I straight away buy a CPU cooler or wait for say a month observe the stats and then buy it ? What do you suggest ?

No offense... But why wasnt cleaning the Heatsink and Fan the first thing you tried??

Dont worry about those temps they are fine for stock settings.

The best way i can say to answer your question, if with another question: "Shall I straight away buy a CPU cooler or wait for say a month observe the stats and then buy it ?"

Do you plan on overclocking? Then in answer, go ahead and buy a new heatsink.

DO you plan on keeping your CPU at Stock settings? Then in answer, Stock heatsink is fine. Just dont let it get that dirty again... Regular cleanly is required to keep a computer running cool.

With your ambient temps (as most other commenters seems to have missed) a 43C load is superb!

If you have an air conditioner you could pipe some of that cooling closer to your computer.

The main over all problem with you computer is oyu dust build up. The problem you are having is underprassure in the case (2 fans out 1 in) which effectively makes you computer a vacuum cleaner. You should always have more fans in than out, otherwise any hole/gap in your case will be an intake and accumulate dust.

Great that you solved your immediate issue, though long term it will happen again if you dont rebuild your airflow.