Gotcha GTX 590 Benchmarks Here

ocre

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally loved the "Next Generation" and "Our fastest GPU produced yet!". Well first of all, FERMI is not next generation, its THIS generation. Second, well no freaking duh this is your fastest card since its the newest and uses your 2 best single performers. They really need to rethink their advertising. BTW, Bosco...since you have one of these could you test your 3 24"s with it? Just to see if it runs out of memory for those resolutions, since that is what its whole point is (Multi monitors on 1 card). And of course performance..

I personally loved the "Next Generation" and "Our fastest GPU produced yet!". Well first of all, FERMI is not next generation, its THIS generation. Second, well no freaking duh this is your fastest card since its the newest and uses your 2 best single performers. They really need to rethink their advertising. BTW, Bosco...since you have one of these could you test your 3 24"s with it? Just to see if it runs out of memory for those resolutions, since that is what its whole point is (Multi monitors on 1 card). And of course performance..

You will see what you asking in our review. :)

Two underclocked top-end gpu's + voltage tuning overclocking = FAIL :O

Check halfway down this page to see ....

Im sorry Nvidia , but it seems AMD has this battle won , the 6990 seems to be winning readily and is not underclocked if you use ausum mode .

If I was in the market to get a dual gpu single card , I would not lie . I would have to go AMD . This is really disappointing :(:(:(

Actually, I have to disagree. If you're comparing overclocked to overclocked, and the prices being the same, the GTX 590 wins out in almost all games over the HD 6990, especially at 5760 x 1080 resolutions except for AvP and at any resolution for Crysis Warhead. This is just using OCC's review, though.

Granted, two GTX 580's are going to cost $445 each (Total $890), but a single GTX 590 will cost $700. That's saving $190, which I'm sure there can go towards a dual gpu full cover waterblock at that price for more optimal overclocking. Hopefully a few enthusiasts out there will have theirs watercooled just to see how well they can overclock when heat isn't a factor.

On the other hand, I dislike how AMD upped their price on the HD 6990 to $709. Two HD 6970 2GB's cost $300 each (Total $600), but a single HD 6990 costs $709?

From a purely price/performance perspective, the GTX 590 is a better choice over the HD 6990.

The price of a HD 6970 2GB should be $250, and the GTX 580 should be $320, imo, but being high-ranged cards, that's not going to happen. When two overclocked GTX 460 1GB's in SLI can be had for $240 and outperform an overclocked GTX 580...

At any rate, both the HD 6990 and GTX 590 are a little disappointing, but I'd still go with a GTX 590 with a full cover waterblock over an HD 6990 with a full cover waterblock.

lol'd at this:

As a first step, I increased the voltage from 0.938 V default to 1.000 V, maximum stable clock was 815 MHz - faster than GTX 580! Moving on, I tried 1.2 V to see how much could be gained here, at default clocks and with NVIDIA's power limiter enabled. I went to heat up the card and then *boom*, a sound like popcorn cracking, the system turned off and a burnt electronics smell started to fill up the room. Card dead! Even with NVIDIA power limiter enabled.

I still think the 590 will be as awesome as the second 295 was after it's drivers mature.