1055t LLC issues

I'm odd man out :)

I always enable Load Line Calibration, LLC or Low vdroop (whatever your particular board likes to call it)

I compensate for the slight overvolt at load on some boards by reducing my idle vcore.....................

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm odd man out :)

I always enable Load Line Calibration, LLC or Low vdroop (whatever your particular board likes to call it)

I compensate for the slight overvolt at load on some boards by reducing my idle vcore.....................

:withstupid: :withstupid:

just have to lower the vcore in bios, makes more sense than giving it more for idle

If you're using PhenomMSRTweaker, make sure you don't have it to apply it's settings at start-up when you're trying new overclocks, otherwise you'll crash. Just in case that's the issue.

I use PhenomMSRTweaker for two reasons:

1. I can't disable the hardware CnQ on the Phenom II hexacores on my motherboards.

2. I can't overclock stable into Windows at 4.0GHz - 4.2GHz. I used to be able to at 4.0GHz all the time, but only some of the time now.

The trick to use:

Set your multiplier low, like x11 in your BIOS.

Set your FSB to your target, i.e 300.

Make sure you can load into Windows stable with whatever voltages work from the BIOS.

Now, using PhenomMSRTweaker, for each P0/1/2/3/4 tab, up your multiplier to x14, up your CPU VID to 1.45 and your NB VID to 1.30. That should give you a stable 4.2GHz overclock. Just watch your temps and run a stress test to make sure it's stable.

I can write a tutorial if you want when I get home.

If you're using PhenomMSRTweaker, make sure you don't have it to apply it's settings at start-up when you're trying new overclocks, otherwise you'll crash. Just in case that's the issue.

I use PhenomMSRTweaker for two reasons:

1. I can't disable the hardware CnQ on the Phenom II hexacores on my motherboards.

2. I can't overclock stable into Windows at 4.0GHz - 4.2GHz. I used to be able to at 4.0GHz all the time, but only some of the time now.

The trick to use:

Set your multiplier low, like x11 in your BIOS.

Set your FSB to your target, i.e 300.

Make sure you can load into Windows stable with whatever voltages work from the BIOS.

Now, using PhenomMSRTweaker, for each P0/1/2/3/4 tab, up your multiplier to x14, up your CPU VID to 1.45 and your NB VID to 1.30. That should give you a stable 4.2GHz overclock. Just watch your temps and run a stress test to make sure it's stable.

I can write a tutorial if you want when I get home.

yeah i have used phenomtweaker before, and it works great right now i'm @3.9 ghz 300x13. @1.5-1.55v. but when i tried to push the multi to 13.5 (wich should bring me to 4.05 ghz if im not wrong) in phenomtweaker, i get a BSOD within a few seconds. my NB VID is 1.225.

the temperature @3.9 ghz is just below 60c running prime95, i dont know if that is the problem?

yeah i have used phenomtweaker before, and it works great right now i'm @3.9 ghz 300x13. @1.5-1.55v. but when i tried to push the multi to 13.5 (wich should bring me to 4.05 ghz if im not wrong) in phenomtweaker, i get a BSOD within a few seconds. my NB VID is 1.225.

the temperature @3.9 ghz is just below 60c running prime95, i dont know if that is the problem?

You need to move your NB VID higher, try 1.3v, your CPU VID doesn't need to be that high, move it lower to 1.45v if you're aiming for 4.05GHz. You'll also need to loosen your RAM timings if you haven't. Try 9-11-9-27-1T at 1.65v and see if you get stability. Once you're stable, you can try tightening your timings.

You need to move your NB VID higher, try 1.3v, your CPU VID doesn't need to be that high, move it lower to 1.45v if you're aiming for 4.05GHz. You'll also need to loosen your RAM timings if you haven't. Try 9-11-9-27-1T at 1.65v and see if you get stability. Once you're stable, you can try tightening your timings.

i just tried to set NB VID to 1.3v and managed to boot @4.05 ghz but the CPU VID was WAY to high (1.63v.) but i just managed to load the desktop and i got BSOD after a few seconds. i really have no clue on ram timings, i just know that the ram freq. has to be 1600mhz @1.65v. i have been looking at the RAM timings in bios but i dont quite understand it, there are so many options :whoa:

Edit : at any lower CPU VID it wouldent boot

Edited by pils91

i tried following your guide(great guide btw), but nothing worked :dunno: so im thinking i might have a bad chip?

Possibly, but the 1055T will be different than the 1090T. You're going to have to loosen your RAM timings to 9-11-9-27-1T instead of 9-9-9-24-1T. You'll also have to lower your multiplier in your BIOS to something lower so you can eventually raise it through the PhenomMsrTweaker when you're in Windows. You might also need to raise your NB VID to 1.4v since you're trying to reach higher frequencies by raising your FSB.

Possibly, but the 1055T will be different than the 1090T. You're going to have to loosen your RAM timings to 9-11-9-27-1T instead of 9-9-9-24-1T. You'll also have to lower your multiplier in your BIOS to something lower so you can eventually raise it through the PhenomMsrTweaker when you're in Windows. You might also need to raise your NB VID to 1.4v since you're trying to reach higher frequencies by raising your FSB.

yeah, i did use the timings and the voltage you suggested, and i got bsod. but when the fsb is allready stable at the current speed, raising the multi shuldent have no effect on the fsb, since the multi only works on the cpu?

and when im using phenomtweaker the CPU VID is really innacurate, im reading 0.3-0.5 to much when using the program

Edited by pils91