1055t LLC issues

i have oc'ed my amd 1055t @ 3.75 ghz @ 1.5v in bios and llc is enabled. when idle the vcore stays at 1.5 but under load with prime95 it bumps up to 1.55-1.6 temps just below 60c. when i disable the LLC, at idle the Vcore is 1.5, when i use prime 95 the vcore drops to 1.42-1.45 and i get BSOD... is this normal? i've tried to disable any cpu related feature in the bios with no help. i would like to get my cpu to 4 ghz if that is possible, i use coolermaster hyper 212 push/pull for cpu cooling

you guys got any thoughts?

thanks in advance!

Edited by pils91

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When overclocking thew 1055T be sure you turn off the Turbo-Core feature and CnQ (not sure what you mean by LLC)

I would also watch to make sure the RAM is not overclocking to much as well since you are moving the bus speed for this chip.

I personally was able to get to 3.5ghz without touching the voltage and was around 40c underload using a Corsair H50.

When overclocking thew 1055T be sure you turn off the Turbo-Core feature and CnQ (not sure what you mean by LLC)

I would also watch to make sure the RAM is not overclocking to much as well since you are moving the bus speed for this chip.

I personally was able to get to 3.5ghz without touching the voltage and was around 40c underload using a Corsair H50.

turbocore and QnC is disabled, LLC=load line calibration i think :S

the ram is @1600mhz 1.65v. as i shuld be.

i had no problem to get 3.5 ghz, but to get beyond that i needed atleast 1.5vcore

i managed to get 4 ghz but the i needed 1.65vcore and thats just way to high for my cooling

current cpu settings is fsb: [email protected]

I would disable LLC, at least I do whenever I perform any overclocking. It will generally overvolt the CPU and/or cause vcore stability issues. LLC is designed to help compensate for a boards poor power regulation and compensate for known vcore droop issues. I would be willing to bet this is why you are seeing your vcore droop so badly with it disabled, because LLC is not enabled to help compensate for that droop.

Asus boards have always been known for vcore droop issues, with some being worse than others. Your only options are to try switching boards, monitor the high vcore with LLC enabled, or lower your overclock slightly and enjoy it with LLC disabled.

Thanks

I would disable LLC, at least I do whenever I perform any overclocking. It will generally overvolt the CPU and/or cause vcore stability issues. LLC is designed to help compensate for a boards poor power regulation and compensate for known vcore droop issues. I would be willing to bet this is why you are seeing your vcore droop so badly with it disabled, because LLC is not enabled to help compensate for that droop.

Asus boards have always been known for vcore droop issues, with some being worse than others. Your only options are to try switching boards, monitor the high vcore with LLC enabled, or lower your overclock slightly and enjoy it with LLC disabled.

Thanks

okey, thanks for a good awnser =)

okey, thanks for a good awnser =)

No problem. I would be willing to bet that you can drop your clock by a hair and gain stability with LLC disabled and a better vcore. I would rather have my vcore droop and my system become unstable then have it overvolt and slowly fry my CPU.

Another option is grab a multimeter and monitor the vcore yourself, at both idle and under load. BIOS and Windows based programs don't always report correct voltages and it may be happening either worse or not as bad as you think. I always use a multimeter when playing with a new board to find my offsets so I know what's really going on.

Thanks

No problem. I would be willing to bet that you can drop your clock by a hair and gain stability with LLC disabled and a better vcore. I would rather have my vcore droop and my system become unstable then have it overvolt and slowly fry my CPU.

Another option is grab a multimeter and monitor the vcore yourself, at both idle and under load. BIOS and Windows based programs don't always report correct voltages and it may be happening either worse or not as bad as you think. I always use a multimeter when playing with a new board to find my offsets so I know what's really going on.

Thanks

is there som kind of "point" on the motherboard i can connect the multimeter?

is there som kind of "point" on the motherboard i can connect the multimeter?

It's different for every board. You'll need to spend some time on google to find the right spot to probe, but it shouldn't be hard.

It seems that board is known for horrible voltage regulation. Most people find that enabling vcore LLC and disabling NB-Vcore LLC will give them the best regulation, but it's still pretty poor. It seems CnQ likes to enable itself at times, even when disabled in BIOS and other oddities occur when the board is really pushed.

It's different for every board. You'll need to spend some time on google to find the right spot to probe, but it shouldn't be hard.

It seems that board is known for horrible voltage regulation. Most people find that enabling vcore LLC and disabling NB-Vcore LLC will give them the best regulation, but it's still pretty poor. It seems CnQ likes to enable itself at times, even when disabled in BIOS and other oddities occur when the board is really pushed.

yeah cuz i cant enable QnC its just gray in bios, ive used phenomtweaker and i torked fine, and NB LLC is disabled. but i have to buy a new multimeeter first, the one i have is very inacurate...

I'd enable LLC and move the voltage to like 1.425v and profit :popcorn:

stupid.gif This. Likely while at idle you wont have any stabilty issues with a lower vcore. Then you can just count on the LLC increasing the voltage to put you in the ballpark of where you need to be at 100% load. Will take alittle guess and check work but most likely you will get what you need.