Surely absurd remarks about AMD?

I was randomly reading around today and came across this page http://epczone.net/tech-news/asrock-prepares-first-am3-motherboard-890fx-deluxe5 after reading about the am3+ mobo i began to read the comments people had left. The comments then move onto the subject of AMD possibly selling out to dell and no longer making cpu's in the far future...? Surely these claims are ridiculous? I just wondered if anyone else has heard anything similar? Whereas for now i am completely ignoring it.

I was randomly reading around today and came across this page http://epczone.net/tech-news/asrock-prepares-first-am3-motherboard-890fx-deluxe5 after reading about the am3+ mobo i began to read the comments people had left. The comments then move onto the subject of AMD possibly selling out to dell and no longer making cpu's in the far future...? Surely these claims are ridiculous? I just wondered if anyone else has heard anything similar? Whereas for now i am completely ignoring it.

those comments dont make any sense AMD has no reason to sell itself out. AMD is doing very good in sales right now especially in the GPU market

Thats my exact thoughts. As an amd fan boy myself amongst millions of others too understand that amd products are awesome, and they definitely have their fair share of the market with intel, its not like they are short on an income especially on the gpu side like you said. Besides to my understanding dell dont even like amd, they have always favoured intel.

I wouldn't even play attention to a normal persons comments. I could say Mac is buying out Windows but its not backed up by any proof.

Until something official is said , I would ignore it .

Where does this rumor steam from? Before Christmas there was a strange comment from the head of AMD. It went something like this: We are not looking to sell AMD, but if your interested, we are open for serious offers. Then after Christmas there was some management changes that is a good way to stir suspicion if nothing else. A few weeks after their CEO was ejected two more important AMD figures left the company. These ppl were all long term employees. This was the first 3 or so ingredients to the rumor. Next was the fact dell spoke of a plan to acquire a company, but not pertaining to AMD in any way. It was just a statement in an interview without any specifics and ppl went wild with speculating. Once the fact that Dell had plenty of loose cash and could afford to buy AMD, the rumor was huge. Just google "dell buy AMD" or whatever and you will see that it was much more widespread than the post you seen.

The truth is that the first few reasons i listed isnt to be taken lightly. Its a sign of something internal and AMD literally announced their ears were open for serious offers. I dont seee anyone forking the cash up but it isnt a complete impossibility as many might have you think. Big changes at the top level usually indicated a big deal even big troubles. Considering that AMD had a complete turn around and started the yr off with great fusion chips and bulldozer seeming to be great, the move doesnt make complete since. I am inclined to say that internally there is signs which shouldnt be taken lightly. As far as actually being bought out, cant say there is any real proof of a serious offer much less being actually bought out.

Where does this rumor steam from? Before Christmas there was a strange comment from the head of AMD. It went something like this: We are not looking to sell AMD, but if your interested, we are open for serious offers. Then after Christmas there was some management changes that is a good way to stir suspicion if nothing else. A few weeks after their CEO was ejected two more important AMD figures left the company. These ppl were all long term employees. This was the first 3 or so ingredients to the rumor. Next was the fact dell spoke of a plan to acquire a company, but not pertaining to AMD in any way. It was just a statement in an interview without any specifics and ppl went wild with speculating. Once the fact that Dell had plenty of loose cash and could afford to buy AMD, the rumor was huge. Just google "dell buy AMD" or whatever and you will see that it was much more widespread than the post you seen.

The truth is that the first few reasons i listed isnt to be taken lightly. Its a sign of something internal and AMD literally announced their ears were open for serious offers. I dont seee anyone forking the cash up but it isnt a complete impossibility as many might have you think. Big changes at the top level usually indicated a big deal even big troubles. Considering that AMD had a complete turn around and started the yr off with great fusion chips and bulldozer seeming to be great, the move doesnt make complete since. I am inclined to say that internally there is signs which shouldnt be taken lightly. As far as actually being bought out, cant say there is any real proof of a serious offer much less being actually bought out.

dell worth more than AMD?

AMD ROCKS! Dell doesn't because they don't sell their alienware cases separately!

checked most recent market news this am and saw nothing along these lines...absurdity abounds here...

if amd ever does decide to sell, i will make money...

dell worth more than AMD?

AMD ROCKS! Dell doesn't because they don't sell their alienware cases separately!

I used to REALLY LIKE their Alienware cases lol

I do actually wish they'd sell their cases separately. Even unbadged ones would be spectacular (ESPECIALLY unbadged ones, to some poeple)

Somehow I don't see AMD being sold to Dell. It's just not really viable, to be honest.

those comments dont make any sense AMD has no reason to sell itself out. AMD is doing very good in sales right now especially in the GPU market

Ya but you have a to remember GPU sales is very small compared to CPU Sales.

intel’s share in the graphics market is huge ( 52.5 %) AMD's increased from 21% to 22.5%. and NVIDIA's grew to 24%, thats a lot of monies

Edited by UT66

intel’s share in the graphics market is huge ( 52.5 %) AMD's increased from 21% to 22.5%. and NVIDIA's grew to 24%, thats a lot of monies

But this is mainly thanks to dell and other oem desktop and laptop manufacturers. At the end of the day there are more casual pc users than there are enthusiasts which explains why intel graphics share such a large part in the market, not to say however that they are actually popular.

Interesting to see what ocre posted however, im surprised that such a competitive company would just quite happily say 'we are open for serious offers', thats just giving themselves away almost, why would amd just like to sell themselves out, do they not like making billions out of making chips?

I used to REALLY LIKE their Alienware cases lol

I do actually wish they'd sell their cases separately. Even unbadged ones would be spectacular (ESPECIALLY unbadged ones, to some poeple)

Somehow I don't see AMD being sold to Dell. It's just not really viable, to be honest.

I love the case with the movable fins!

neither do i AMD is doing well!