Liquid Cooling on Haf 932

Here is my current fan placement without the radiator

18823382.jpg

Where should i put the radiator? On the Top? Or on the Back?

Should the fan blowing at the case or blowing out?

If i put it on the top and blowing at the case, there would have only one exhale fan and create huge pos. pressure

If i put it on the top but blowing out, there is no fresh cool air going through the radiator but it keeps a balance air flow in the case

Either way doesnt sound good to me...

help me decide!

Thanks in advance!

If you can manage mounting the radiator on the top, make the rear fan blow air in.

If you mount the radiator on the back, then have the airflow go the way the diagram suggests.

I have mine mounted on the top, sucking air in (why would you want to use hot air from inside your case?). The rear, side, and front fans are all set up as exhaust fans.

I have mine mounted on the top, sucking air in (why would you want to use hot air from inside your case?). The rear, side, and front fans are all set up as exhaust fans.

if i mount it this way:

feature8.jpg

diagp.jpg

the fans would have to push the heat downward...

wouldnt it be less efficient? :rolleyes:

Remember, heat rises. Make sure the air intake is from the bottom, and the outtake at the top.

Radiator fans imo should always push outside the case, as the heat is transferred to the radiators and then pushed/pulled out from there. It doesn't make sense to keep the heat inside the case.

Front and bottom should be intake, almost always. If you have a dusty floor or carpeting, maybe you'll want to push air out to the bottom and front.

The rear should always be an outtake, but if you have top mounted radiator fans as outtakes, you can have the rear fan be an intake.

If you mount the radiator on the rear, the rear should be an outtake, and the top fans outtake, too, but can be reversed to be intakes if you want, but expelling heat outside the case is always better.

More heat going outside the case is better than slightly colder air going into the case. Heat concentrates more-so than cold.

Radiator fans imo should always push outside the case, as the heat is transferred to the radiators and then pushed/pulled out from there. It doesn't make sense to keep the heat inside the case.

There's no point in building a high performance loop if all you do is push hot air through it. You always want the coolest air possible running through the radiator - even if it means slightly higher case temperatures.

Hot air rising won't overpower even the slowest of fans.

Also - jk336699 - the exhaust from your GPU exits the rear of the case. The fan is an intake.

I have 6 120mm fans on my radiator pushing air into the case. I have one 140mm fan exhausting air out the back, one 230mm fan exhausting air out the side panel, and one 230mm fan pushing air out the front of the case. Even with the three exhaust fans my case has positive pressure. :lol:

Edited by Waco

It's a tradeoff. Since my CPU and GPUs are watercooled I want the lowest water temps possible and don't really care if my mobo runs a couple degrees hotter. If you only have your CPU watercooled you might want to trade higher CPU temps in exchange for lower GPU temps. Personally I think I'd rather have higher GPU temps since they handle hotter temperatures much better than CPUs do.

It's a tradeoff. Since my CPU and GPUs are watercooled I want the lowest water temps possible and don't really care if my mobo runs a couple degrees hotter. If you only have your CPU watercooled you might want to trade higher CPU temps in exchange for lower GPU temps. Personally I think I'd rather have higher GPU temps since they handle hotter temperatures much better than CPUs do.

One thing to worry about is your NB heatsink, you might want a fan blowing there if you're going Waco's way, to dissipate the heat if it's not watercooled, especially on an AM3 motherboad. My GPU temps when overclocked have yet to reach higher than 50C (within the same loop). I agree though, I'd rather cool my CPU better more than my GPU (GPU's don't need it as much).