2011: Great year for RPG's

MandoPatriot

Maybe it is just me, but seems that many great RPG's are set to release this year. As for if they will release this year, I do not know. Either way, here are some of my favorites coming out that will surely be played countless hours by me.

Diablo III: Been waiting a long time for this one. No release date yet, but a supposed leaked calender said Q4 2011 if I am not mistake. Travel once again to defeat demons and devils. Follows one of the best RPG's of all times.

Neverwinter: Q4 2011. Sounds like a online game only, but not an MMO. From my understanding, takes place after the Spellplague, and ties in with the novel "Gauntlgrym". Another RPG in the line of great RPG's.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Q3-4 2011. If you like open-world games, these are for you. I loved Morrowind, and Oblivion is still played by me. Looks fantastic.

Mass Effect 3: Q4 2011. One of the kings of action/RPG's. Haven't seen or heard much about it, but another great game. Mass Effect 1 and 2 encompassed me for many hours.

Dragon Age (2): March 2011. Again, have not read much about this one, but I loved the first game and the expansions, so this one should be great.

I did not include MMO's because in my eyes they do not have the same feel as core RPG games. Sure, they may be fun, but I still prefer a good RPG to any MMO. Feel free to list other RPG's set to release I have not heard of and/or describe the ones I have listed!

You forgot a few big sequels that are planned for a 2011 release:

Witcher 2

Torchlight 2

Dungeon Siege III

Might & Magic Heroes VI

And then two non-sequels:

Darkspore (Action-RPG with Spore-like heroes)

Dead State (Isometric turn-based RPG a la Fallout, but with zombies)

I consider Stalker 2 an FPS game, not really an RPG. :P

Virtually every game listed so far I'm looking forward to, going to be a great year for RPGs. Though, how we'll all find the time to play them will be the challenge.

i think its going to be a good year for gaming as a whole you have some interesting shooters coming out like

Brink

bulletstorm

crysis 2

BF3

Portal 2

not to mention sequels like infamous 2, Batman Arkham City are also expected to launch

its going to be tough to predict GOTY, especially as there are a few sequels where the inital game won GOTY i.e. portal, Batman AA.

Edited by bilcliff

i think its going to be a good year for gaming as a whole you have some interesting shooters coming out like

Brink

bulletstorm

crysis 2

BF3

Portal 2

not to mention sequels like infamous 2, Batman Arkham City are also expected to launch

its going to be tough to predict GOTY, especially as there are a few sequels where the inital game won GOTY i.e. portal, Batman AA.

We all know its going to be MW3 :sick: (Due to all the 12 year old console kiddies)