Ninite - Easy PC setup

Andrewr05

I came across this sweet piece of software:

NINITE

It essentially automates the installation of a list of commonly used programs, it installs them automatically with a single running of the main program (ninite) and runs trough any updates and it even automatically deselects any toolbars the program may be installing.

Seems to work pretty nice, it isn't just for NEW installations either, it keeps things up to date with every sequential use.

Quote I found from the creator on Reddit:

"I make Ninite and we hear this about the name every now and then.

I don't think the name itself is that weird: google and reddit are pretty weird too. It's just that people don't use us every day like those other tools.

We have a reputation for being only useful on fresh PCs, but that's wrong in light of all the new features we've been adding (check out ninite.com/help ). Ninite will intelligently update out-of-date apps and skip current ones, so you can just run an installer again and again to keep stuff up to date. Also, I'd argue we're way more convenient than most sites for even downloading a single app. Who want's to click Next Next Next through even one installer?

tl;dr: Use Ninite more and you'll remember the name.

It might also help to follow/fan us at twitter or facebook"

That list is quite comprehensive. What type of file does it create? Is it one i could load on a flash drive and keep for every fresh install i do? Just stick the drive in and run the .exe or whatever?

That list is quite comprehensive. What type of file does it create? Is it one i could load on a flash drive and keep for every fresh install i do? Just stick the drive in and run the .exe or whatever?

Just a regular.exe, however it does NOT actually contain and/or install the programs from that .exe, it just automates the download of and installation of those files.

Thats amazing!

Would be so useful if it where possible to use this with some of the apps we use at work! Would make PC builds so quick.

Will definitely keep this bookmarked till the next time I re-build!

It works pretty good!! just make sure you don't have any other installers running (since the ninite ones run in the back and others in the foreground can cause some of them to fail)

all in all good stuff!! I also checked alot of new freeware that I've never tried. OpenOffice is nice and Everything is CRAZY strong

• 4 months later...