plumbers tape

slapnuts

LOL, it would probably even work against you.

Indeed! (I was referring to the OP having barbs, rather than threads - I wasn't poking at you Phil!)

The op is far better off investing in some top quality jubilee/hose clips instead (at least in my opinion). Some mirror polished stainless steel clips would look ace.

I think he is talking about teflon tape to seal the pipe thread fittings into the blocks and radiator.

Here are my thoughts on it, you can use it but where you also have an oring seal it is best left out of the equation unless you are careful. The reason being that the tape can splinter into threads that will get under the o-ring and cause you no end of frustration hunting the leak. Now I have taken the o-ring off of the fitting and used teflon tape for gas lines since it is thicker and requires less wrap, then put the oring back into place but the last few build have gone tape less and so far have been leak free for almost a year. Just lube the oring and do not over tighten the fittings and you will be fine.

Also if its in your budget use fittings that have a captured o ring so it does not squeeze out when you tighten the fittings.

I think he is talking about teflon tape to seal the pipe thread fittings into the blocks and radiator.

Here are my thoughts on it, you can use it but where you also have an oring seal it is best left out of the equation unless you are careful. The reason being that the tape can splinter into threads that will get under the o-ring and cause you no end of frustration hunting the leak. Now I have taken the o-ring off of the fitting and used teflon tape for gas lines since it is thicker and requires less wrap, then put the oring back into place but the last few build have gone tape less and so far have been leak free for almost a year. Just lube the oring and do not over tighten the fittings and you will be fine.

Also if its in your budget use fittings that have a captured o ring so it does not squeeze out when you tighten the fittings.

yes that is what I was referring to. The barbs are threaded and they do have o rings on them. BTW I,am installing the swiftech H2o 320 edge cooler