The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Battleblog #5: Years worth of unlocks and rewards in Battlefield 3

• Compared to Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 will have more than 10 times the hardware unlocks spread over weapons, weapons attachments, gadgets, and a huge unlock tree for vehicles alone.
  • Skill and dedication equal rewards
  • Weapon, Kit, and Vehicle unlocks
  • Ranks unlock new weapons, specializations, and camouflages usable by any class

What's the reasoning behind vehicle unlocks? Does this mean we'll have to wait until level 50 just to fly a helicopter or something?

What's the reasoning behind vehicle unlocks? Does this mean we'll have to wait until level 50 just to fly a helicopter or something?

No. Unlocks for a jet would be either a Ground Bomb or an Air to Air Missile. You can unlock, both but when it comes to choosing which one to equip you can only pick one of those.

Also confirmed in that battlelog there will be shoulder fired anti-air rockets for engineer, thank goodness.

Edited by Krazyxazn

No. Unlocks for a jet would be either a Ground Bomb or an Air to Air Missile. You can unlock, both but when it comes to choosing which one to equip you can only pick one of those.

Also confirmed in that battlelog there will be shoulder fired anti-air rockets for engineer, thank goodness.

Oh okay, that makes more sense, I was just reading it wrong I guess.

The anti-air rockets sounds great to me depending on how well they work. Did it say anything like the helicopters dropping flares?

someone shoot me!! i didnt check my email in like a month and i checked it right now and i was invited to BF3 alpha and didnt even know!!!! not like my 8800GT could play it or anything but damn! im sad :'(

Oh okay, that makes more sense, I was just reading it wrong I guess.

The anti-air rockets sounds great to me depending on how well they work. Did it say anything like the helicopters dropping flares?

Countermeasures will probably be equip-able like BC2. Unless they make it default. If it was default, they would be even harder to take out like in BF2.

Countermeasures will probably be equip-able like BC2. Unless they make it default. If it was default, they would be even harder to take out like in BF2.

I guess you're right, having it as a perk or whatever they call it makes sense. I hope it's not something that happens automatically though. I wouldn't mind if the feature was built into the helicopter as long as there is some kind of restriction like you can only use it once or it takes a really long time to regenerate if they do that.

I actually don't have too hard of a time with taking them out in BC2 though, even if it's just on the ground as an engineer I can sometimes get them with the dart.

I guess you're right, having it as a perk or whatever they call it makes sense. I hope it's not something that happens automatically though. I wouldn't mind if the feature was built into the helicopter as long as there is some kind of restriction like you can only use it once or it takes a really long time to regenerate if they do that.

I actually don't have too hard of a time with taking them out in BC2 though, even if it's just on the ground as an engineer I can sometimes get them with the dart.

If they do BF2 aerial vehicles controls, the chances of someone shooting it down from the ground are slim. BF2 had default countermeasures and better controls. By the time they made their second strafe run they already had countermeasures back. AA rockets reloaded too slow to make any difference.

This guy is one of the mild pilots, there are much aggressive ones that will keep circling a base.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vSGlYi8Ebc

As you said they could have it default it make it a super long cooldown, but chances are they will make it a perk like BC2. Makes pilots choose to be defensive or offensive. Like the choices they have with the Jet, do you want to be ground support or a dog fighter. If they do end up giving countermeasures to aerial vehicles by default, they are going to have to give it to takes by default too. Be even more annoying to fight them.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I'm finding that I enjoy default countermeasures more and more over pick n' choose. I mean, If a tank comes standard with 6 smokescreens, wouldn't it make sense to give it to it by default? Now, what I like in a pick n' choose is what offensive/support package you want. Give everything a default counter-measure, then give something else to counter it like extra sensors/more firepower, etc etc.

what do you think of them placing the medic with the assult...strange?

Destruction is awesome, plus graphics are hardcore!

Hopefully the multiplayer is better than bf:bc2. It sort of looks like crysis 2...some how, watch the youtube vids.

To put it into perspective, the only difference between assault and medic class in BF2 was grenade launcher and medical kit. They both used the same default weapons.

When you spec out your character to be a medic, it changes his soldier icon to a cross (In BF3). Otherwise it will be a lighting bolt for assault.

From what I understand, you won't be able to have a grenade launcher if you using medical kit.

Edited by Krazyxazn