fafsa.ed.gov

Waco

I fail to see the issue here. They say its not compatible so why are you complaining to them that it does not work?

Because the reasoning is preposterous!! He's using the same browsers as the listed ones and just because he's using Linux (which has nothing to do with the browser), they're denying him access.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the reasoning is preposterous!! He's using the same browsers as the listed ones and just because he's using Linux (which has nothing to do with the browser), they're denying him access.

But they tell you on their website(I mean they have to). So I mean there's no point in complaining. Its like complaining that a game for WINDOWS doesn't work on your Mac. They tell you how it is and you just gotta play by their rules.

I'm not saying what they are doing is right, but that's just how it is.

Edited by Krieg1337

But they tell you on their website(I mean they have to). So I mean there's no point in complaining. Its like complaining that a game for WINDOWS doesn't work on your Mac. They tell you how it is and you just gotta play by their rules.

I'm not saying what they are doing is right, but that's just how it is.

Yeah but they'll never know what they're doing is wrong if people don't complain about it. If I had Linux I'd give them a call or write them a letter too, I mean it's a government related thing so everyone should be able to access it. OS should have nothing to do with getting that evil form filled out.

Now that I think about it, I wish I did have Linux so I'd have a good excuse not to ever have to do it :glare:

Its like complaining that a game for WINDOWS doesn't work on your Mac.

No, it's like complaining that my monitor would work with Windows running off of a 4870 but wouldn't work when connected to an Apple or Linux machine with the same card.

It's a BS restriction that has nothing to do with the work involved in getting it working (which is zero - it takes a lot more effort to block people than to simply let it work)...

Edited by Waco

oh god, it's not just their web-based customer service that sucks. I had to call them because they delayed in sending the funds to my university and I almost had to withdraw for a semester. I got very heated with the service rep, their supervisor and the one above that. The money was there the next week lol.

Unfortunately, a lot of government agencies operate like this both offline and on. I basically assume that gov't websites are crap and I have to use IE8 for them and I get by just fine. Then again, I am also forced to use IE8 for work related stuff, so it's not too big of a hassle.

Did spoofing what OS you're on work?

• 1 month later...

oh god, it's not just their web-based customer service that sucks. I had to call them because they delayed in sending the funds to my university and I almost had to withdraw for a semester. I got very heated with the service rep, their supervisor and the one above that. The money was there the next week lol.

Unfortunately, a lot of government agencies operate like this both offline and on. I basically assume that gov't websites are crap and I have to use IE8 for them and I get by just fine. Then again, I am also forced to use IE8 for work related stuff, so it's not too big of a hassle.

Did spoofing what OS you're on work?

Don't ever join the Army. AKO and DFAS are complete jokes.