E6300 Conroe Overclocking

edwardquilo

Hi all, was wondering if any of you are still using this ancient processor. I've had mine Overclocked to 3.1ghz, anything higher than that isn't stable though.

What I'd like is to clock it to at least 3.4Ghz without frying the processor or buying any extra hardware. Appreciate any ideas from you guys.

Here's my rig:

Intel C2D E6300 [email protected] (1.86ghz: 445x7 @1.34v)

Coolermaster V8 | Noctua NT-H1

Gigabyte EP45 UD3P F10

Kingston KVR800D2N6 2x2gb DDR2 @2.1v(6.6.6.18 timings) | Xigmatek Dragoon

Palit 4850 Sonic | Corsair VX 550

Klipsch Promedia GMX D-5.1

post-75079-12950804004578_thumb.jpg

Edited by edwardquilo

I had this cpu !! I too hit the wall at 3.1ghz . It was a very good chip but you might not be able to get more since I could not either.

I actually was able to use 3.2ghz for a while but I can't for the life of me, remember what my exact settings were.

Although I'm thinking my main bottleneck here could be my memory, it's just your standard bargain bin Kingston memory that probably wouldn't OC right if I hadn't put on my Xigmatek Dragoon heatspreaders.

You might well just have hit the limit of the processor. A 67% overclock is pretty impress already.

Yea there is nothing wrong with that it will be a very good HTPC when you upgrade to something newer.

Yea there is nothing wrong with that it will be a very good HTPC when you upgrade to something newer.

I probably won't be upgrading anytime sooner. It would be nice if I could get to 3.4ghz with this processor though. :thumbsup:

I actually was able to use 3.2ghz for a while but I can't for the life of me, remember what my exact settings were.

Although I'm thinking my main bottleneck here could be my memory, it's just your standard bargain bin Kingston memory that probably wouldn't OC right if I hadn't put on my Xigmatek Dragoon heatspreaders.

I hit 3.1ghz on 800mhz DDR2 with cheap Chinese Deepcool copper heat spreaders on a basic XFX G31 board with single 4pin power using no voltages 100% stable on a cheap Gigabyte cooler so you could probably get higher

I hit 3.1ghz on 800mhz DDR2 with cheap Chinese Deepcool copper heat spreaders on a basic XFX G31 board with single 4pin power using no voltages 100% stable on a cheap Gigabyte cooler so you could probably get higher

Hmm. maybe if i increase the vcore a bit more. But I was really hoping to stay below the 1.35v vcore mark. My cooling setup probably can't handle anything higher than 1.5v temps :biggrin:

Edited by edwardquilo