Anyone overclocked the AMD Phenom II 1090T?

Phreelix

Hey guys, I am a new overclocker and have never actually done an overclock yet. What I'm running is:

Processor: AMD Phenom II 1090T

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance

Motherboard: Asus M4A78T-E

Cooling: 2x 200mm (One front, One Side), 1x 120mm (Rear), 1x 140mm (Top)

CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper N520

What I wanted to know is if anyone has done an overclock on this processor yet and what they have found as the maximum this processor will get up to. I am also wondering if "Speedfan" is a reliable program to run for heat monitoring and what the better stress test is, "Prime95" or "IntelBurnTestV2". One more question, is it fine for me to make the modifications to the processor using "TurboV" or should I go straight into the BIOS to make the changes? Thanks for the help guys, I am hoping to be able to get my speed up to 3.8-4.0GHz; I don't know if that is possible, but that's the goal.

Thanks guys for the responses. I kicked the multiplier to 20x and increased the voltage to 1.4375v. Seemed fine with cool temperatures at idle but when I ran "Prime95", core 5 got an error saying that it was expecting less than 0.4 but was getting 0.5, so it's performance dropped to 0. I don't know if it is safe to add more voltage or not so I wanted to know if I should add more voltage or just tone down the multiplier. I am seeing 1.4v as the max at some places, and 1.55-1.60v as the absolute max at some other places, should I continue to increase? Also, is it recognized as a rule of thumb to not allow the temperature of the CPU to go past 62C, or does each person have a different "max heat"? Thanks for the responses and sorry for not using search earlier.

Alright, I'll up the voltage to 1.5v and see if it becomes stable or not. I was also wondering, is being able to adjust the multiplier on CPUs standard now, or is it an AMD thing or what? I thought that you were mainly supposed to play with the FSB and the multiplier was locked. In this case should I be touching the FSB at all or just changing the multiplier to get it to 4.0GHz?

who hasnt overclocked the 1090t?? its an overclock whore lol

I haven't... between the 1090t and my two 5770 Hawks, my machine does everything and more than what I would ever need it to at stock speeds. Just never felt the need for the wear and tear on the components.

Put the Poor chip back to stock and read this guide in it entirety. This is the guide I started off on the Phenom II 940. After reading you will have an understanding of how to overclock start to finish. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Dolks guide

Edit: I'd try to keep the Max temps below 55. With the two chips I worked with that was the temp point they would start to throw themselves unstable.

Edited by boinker