Errors in memtest86 3.5a

Brutality

go with 55.

so far so good, got through test 4 =)

gah crappy dimm... failed on test 6 (see attachment)

So what do I do? I can't go to a local retailer and trade it back... since I bought it online :S

Edited by Brutality

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

suck it up, you're fricked if ya know what i mean.

gah parents gonna be real pissed now.. they already a bit "grrr" at me spending so much on my comp, and now when what I bought doesn't work... wonder if they'll let me visit them at weekends again >_< why me so unlucky =(

ffs this can't be true.. there's lifetime warranty and all crap on it... I'll contact Transcend and ProShop A/S I need this fixed.. now

Edited by Brutality

Brut,

As you know by now you definitely have a bad stick of RAM. How you go about resolving the issue sounds like the real problem. How long ago did you buy the memory and what type of return policy does the online retailer have? If needed ask if you can return the memory for credit and buy another brand from them if available. Corsair, OCZ, G.Skill and Mushkin all have pretty decent international support so hopefully you don't find yourself in this position again.

Brut,

As you know by now you definitely have a bad stick of RAM. How you go about resolving the issue sounds like the real problem. How long ago did you buy the memory and what type of return policy does the online retailer have? If needed ask if you can return the memory for credit and buy another brand from them if available. Corsair, OCZ, G.Skill and Mushkin all have pretty decent international support so hopefully you don't find yourself in this position again.

I ordered it at 22nd Dec and got it on 7th Jan, put it in comp on 9th or 10th Jan

Dunno about the return policies.

I sent emails to Transcend USA and ProShop A/S explaining my situation and I hope they understand my situation and will help me resolve it

Starting to get tired of this.. first I buy some Kingston HyperX and they get too hot and now this...

luckily I could sell the kingstons off Danish auction site for 90 bucks

Edited by Brutality

I would think that you would still be within the return period of the retailer then (assuming they are a first class shop)

Hopefully you'll get a response soon.

Yeah well usually there is 14 days of... dunno what it's called in English.. directly translated = regret rights, i.e. allow to return product I think - my mate told me

but if that counts from order day or receive day.. matters a bit in my case :S

Yeah well usually there is 14 days of... dunno what it's called in English.. directly translated = regret rights, i.e. allow to return product I think - my mate told me

but if that counts from order day or receive day.. matters a bit in my case :S

We have the same law in sweden and it is from the day of arrival (otherwise companies could just wait two weeks to sent you everything...) so you should be fine. I think it applies to every postal order (i.e. not bought i a local shop over a counter)

\o/

ProShop A/S allowed me to RMA the DIMMs :D

Hoping they don't got retards working there but one who will do memtest on it...

I've tried talking with tech guys from online retailers who obviously got no clue about IT, aparrently...

Transcend didn't want to accept an RMA request from me so ProShop A/S is my only hope now

Edited by Brutality