New Power supply time!.....again : /

Hmm... I'll have to see if he can return it. I know they sell corsair at Best Buy, so I can get it for 6% over cost...

I think I'll have him price this out, that is, if he'll answer my damn phone calls :rolleyes:

Edited by F13Bubba

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He only has Thermaltake psu's at his store. so it looks like I'll be going online to find one. Research time!

Huh, the XFX 850w is $150 before a $40 rebate... $110 for that? I'm game haha.

Edited by F13Bubba

I'm fond of that particular power supply too. Hopefully you won't get a squealer :)

No seriously though - for that price I think it's worth going for.

If I get a squealer, I know Newegg's RMA process is great, as is XFX's customer service, so I'm nervous at all. I should probably make sure that my buddy can return it before I pull the trigger though...

IVy to the rescue again.

That price is INSANE.

Let me repeat INSANE.

Though... what are its reviews like. Mushkin is just starting into psu's are they not? Though there quality is top notch this is their first try.

IVy to the rescue again.

That price is INSANE.

Let me repeat INSANE.

Though... what are its reviews like. Mushkin is just starting into psu's are they not? Though there quality is top notch this is their first try.

All the PSUs are unrivaled in price if you check on the others (oddly the 600W and 500W units are the same $45 price but the 1KW is $75)

Paul needs to get in here and put in some advice, seeing as he's tested the 1k lol.

Oh... all the "bargain bin" items come with a 30 day warranty... I don't exactly want to be back to square one on day 31.

Edited by F13Bubba

Paul needs to get in here and put in some advice, seeing as he's tested the 1k lol.

Oh... all the "bargain bin" items come with a 30 day warranty... I don't exactly want to be back to square one on day 31.

Yeah I couldn't find any reviews on it either and was astonished when I saw the 1KW was reviewed by us. Seemed like a decent unit.

If my PSU croaks I will definitelly get the 1KW. The 600W is sweet too since it's single rail but at one time I'm pretty sure I used 100% of my 750W (and I'm assuming that's why it died), so the KW version would be more my speed, especially because I love dual GPU setups

Yeah I couldn't find any reviews on it either and was astonished when I saw the 1KW was reviewed by us. Seemed like a decent unit.

If my PSU croaks I will definitelly get the 1KW. The 600W is sweet too since it's single rail but at one time I'm pretty sure I used 100% of my 750W (and I'm assuming that's why it died), so the KW version would be more my speed, especially because I love dual GPU setups

Dunno if you realize, but the price will only be good until next Monday, it's part of their weekly "bargain bin", and any product in that category only comes with a 30 day warranty.