Monitor Just Died

BizaroStormy

My Samsung SyncMaster 2233rz just died ... kind of.

The screen went dim then went black, the power light at the bottom stayed on though.

If i turn the monitor off and then on I can see whats on the screen for about half a second then it goes black again.

Anyone know how to fix this? I can easily replace a capacitor or two but not sure if i can replace the backlight if that is whats broken.

Edited by BizaroStormy

Hmm just found something online saying that if I shine a flashlight on my screen and can see whats on it than my inverter board probably has a bad capacitor or two on it.

That is the case with me, so guess ill be busting out my soldering iron and taking a trip to Radioshack.

I replaced a bad cap in the powersupply of my fijutsu siemens (seems to be the same problem). should not be so hard to change it. see if some of the caps are loose or popped. mine has been working fine since (about a year or perhaps a little more)

Edited by medbor

Why dint u consider the warranty before opening it? ,most monitors have 3 years.

:withstupid: Though I commend your efforts since I've never worked on my old monitor but wished I did.

I don't want mine to fail but when/if it does, I definitely want to look into fixing it myself (since it never had a warranty)

• 1 month later...