The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Avinexis

I was amazed at the 'favorites' menu when I finally used it, it's is incredibly easy to switch between spells, armor, weapons, amulets, even potions.

It is essentially just 1-9 like any other RPG.

I felt like a putz when I figured out how easy it was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU5v6hvJjwU

:P

Wow. I've been doing it the hard way this whole time. :lol:

If you were spec'd properly you could sneak up, dagger someone, shout freeze the rest of the group, step back behind cover, hit a few with arrows, then summon a few familiars and then switch to a main damage-dealing melee weapon and charge them all without going into a menu.

:D

Not sure if it is buggy or if I just did a dummy job setting up my favorites menu but I've some very funky results trying to dual wield, switch to my healing spell and put the same shield/dagger back in my hand.

Also, items with the same name (e.g. "Steel Dagger") sometimes drop from the Favorites menu. :dunno:

Also, I've had better luck switching through my weapon favorites with the weapons drawn instead of sheathed, which I am not a fan of since I like being a sneaky rogue and some weapons make more noise when drawn than others do.

Were you opening up the entire menu every time? :pfp:

How did everyone not know about the favorites menu? :lol:

No I was using it but I didn't know you could bind numbers like that. :P

No I was using it but I didn't know you could bind numbers like that. :P

The past games you could use the numbers too. :P Favorites menu in Skyrim just provides a whole lot more choices in addition to the numbers.

Not sure if it is buggy or if I just did a dummy job setting up my favorites menu but I've some very funky results trying to dual wield, switch to my healing spell and put the same shield/dagger back in my hand.

Also, items with the same name (e.g. "Steel Dagger") sometimes drop from the Favorites menu. :dunno:

Also, I've had better luck switching through my weapon favorites with the weapons drawn instead of sheathed, which I am not a fan of since I like being a sneaky rogue and some weapons make more noise when drawn than others do.

That is "normal". Changeing spells between left and right, and sometimes, it doesn't let you put it correctly for example. :P

About the numbers... I use too much stuff in my favorite to work it with numbers. Stuff like the werewolf form... which I used one or two times and other Shouts that I never used for example. You never know when they could be handy. :lol:

Edited by XtremeDS

That is "normal". Changeing spells between left and right, and sometimes, it doesn't let you put it correctly for example. :P

Thanks for confirming it is not user error - or 100% user error. :lol:

It's not consistent in how it responds.

If by correctly you mean assigning to left or right hand ect.....

I would say its user error there.

My assumption is (I use a controller btw) that to bind something to left hard you left/right click (whatever left hand attack is idk using controller ok) and vice versa for the other hand. If you want to assign something to both hands (that isn't a two handed weapon) you just in succession click left and right.

Am I wrong in saying this?

For controller it is left and right triggers for left and right attacks/block as well as left and right weapon/spell assigning from menus or favorites.

If by correctly you mean assigning to left or right hand ect.....

I would say its user error there.

My assumption is (I use a controller btw) that to bind something to left hard you left/right click (whatever left hand attack is idk using controller ok) and vice versa for the other hand. If you want to assign something to both hands (that isn't a two handed weapon) you just in succession click left and right.

Am I wrong in saying this?

For controller it is left and right triggers for left and right attacks/block as well as left and right weapon/spell assigning from menus or favorites.

No i mean sometimes it loses the Left / Right hand designation. I will have to play it with it again to see if it is only with weapons with the same name (i.e. "Steel Dagger") but here are the steps in which I see bugs.

I use the 1-9 keys for my favorites:

- Both hands have daggers

- One hand gets switched with a spell (usually Healing)

- I press the # key to get my second dagger back, sometimes it works sometimes it makes the hand that had the healing spell empty

(it has happened switch to a shield too)

- Both hands have daggers ...weapons are sheathed since I am in town

- I press the # key to switch to my bow ...nothing happens

- Unsheathe weapons ...sometimes both hands are empty ...or if I press a different weapon # some other funky result occurs

This i believe IS a problem with two weapons with the same name as it drops them completely from my favorite list

I have also had instances where it drops the Left/Right desginator from my favorites menu. So it will keep the daggers listed in the menu but the L/R icon is gone and I have reassign. It isn't always consistent though so I haven't quite narrowed it down to what key presses in which order is to blame so I can avoid it. It's been a couple months since I have played so it may have been patched by now too.

Edited by Fogel

I don't use a mage now, but I used to do a dual healing spell, then I wanted to put a fire spell on the right (left button) and a spark spell on the left (right click). Most of the time I don't use left click but the "E" button.

So, when I got to select the fire spell from the favorite menu with the "E" button after the dual healing, it will put it in the left hand, and not on the right. The same goes for the dagger. I did want to put a spell on my right hand, but he would only go for the left hand. :lol:

So what I used to do was to deselect the spells or weapons I did have, then select the right hand and than the left hand spells. :P