The Great Steam Treasure Hunt

WhenKittensATK

Just installed Metro 2033. Don't want to get into the game as I'm in the middle of two others, but I'll play just enough to get the achievement.

Same goes with L4D2 - I was out of town, so couldn't do it over the weekend, but I'll have to go install that and try and get that achievement as well.

The Left 4 Dead 2 achievement is pretty easy, just a bit time consuming however. Killing one of each uncommon infected.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just beat the beat hazard objective. Not too hard to get. I actually scored 4.7m on it so I was 1m over it. :D

For anyone trying to beat that one, just throw on some heavy metal or something with a constant pace like that. I played it Dethklok and it was pretty easy.

Metro 2033 achievement was quick and easy. Steam says I played for 1.6 hours, though I was on the phone for part of it and left the game running. I played on "Normal" difficulty and mostly used the double-barreled shotgun to dispose of the nosalises. Got the achievement right before entering "Market".

Now to install L4D2 for that achievement.

I just beat the beat hazard objective. Not too hard to get. I actually scored 4.7m on it so I was 1m over it. :D

For anyone trying to beat that one, just throw on some heavy metal or something with a constant pace like that. I played it Dethklok and it was pretty easy.

Dethklok is definitely good. I think I made it halfway through the Twilight of the Thunder God album from Amon Amarth.

i finally cracked and bought just cause 2 and metro 2033. wont get chance to try and get the objectives until the weekend though so they wont count for the daily draw but will still count for the hats / grand prize :thumbsup:

Didn't like Bob. Played the demo, but it was more frustrating than enjoyable because the controls are wonky (it's part of the game, so I'm not bashing the developer per se, it's just not for me). The demo includes chapter 3, which is what you need to complete for the treasure hunt, yet it seems achievements are disabled in the demo :glare:.

Played the demo of Zombie Driver and thought it was well worth the $2.50, so I went ahead and grabbed it. I played the first three missions in story mode to unlock the limo, which provides greater ramming and armor than the starter taxi. I then used that in City Center for the treasure hunt and scored 40k. Only 10.5k is needed for the treasure hunt, so I'm sure you could easily get it with the starter taxi if you didn't want to spend your time in story mode.

As for Civ V, I've been interested in the game, but have never played a Civ game, so it's not something I want to spend a lot of money on, and ~$40 is still a lot, comparably speaking. I may install the demo and see if one could get the achievement via that, though I doubt it will work.

Didn't like Bob. Played the demo, but it was more frustrating than enjoyable because the controls are wonky (it's part of the game, so I'm not bashing the developer per se, it's just not for me). The demo includes chapter 3, which is what you need to complete for the treasure hunt, yet it seems achievements are disabled in the demo :glare:.

Played the demo of Zombie Driver and thought it was well worth the $2.50, so I went ahead and grabbed it. I played the first three missions in story mode to unlock the limo, which provides greater ramming and armor than the starter taxi. I then used that in City Center for the treasure hunt and scored 40k. Only 10.5k is needed for the treasure hunt, so I'm sure you could easily get it with the starter taxi if you didn't want to spend your time in story mode.

As for Civ V, I've been interested in the game, but have never played a Civ game, so it's not something I want to spend a lot of money on, and ~$40 is still a lot, comparably speaking. I may install the demo and see if one could get the achievement via that, though I doubt it will work.

Be sure to let us know which demos will get us the objectives!

Be sure to let us know which demos will get us the objectives!

It seems to me that achievements in all games are disabled in demos, as you actually have to "own the game" for achievements to register. And although Zombie Driver's task is not an achievement, it seems like leaderboards are disabled in demos as well, as least in ZD.

Bob = Cannot achieve in demo.

Zombie Driver = Cannot achieve in demo.

Civ V = Unknown, pending testing.

EDIT: Demo is pretty large (4GB+), so I'm not going to download it. I've read in several places that achievements are disabled in demos, and my testing in other games seemed to back this up. Unless I see some post that says "OMG! I completed the Treasure Hunt Objective in the Civ V demo", I'll pass.

Civ 5 is a pretty fun game. I usually play it on Max CPU players and Max City States and on Earth map size. So my games pretty much last until the end of the time limit. It usually takes me several days to finish a game. Civ 5 is pretty easy to learn and play.

It probably be better for you to just wait till it drops down to $10, since your already buying so many games as it is :D