New Keyboard

flareback

I'm looking at getting a new keyboard and I'd like to get a pretty nice one. I currently have a Saitek and it's just starting to where out, the keys stick sometimes which is annoying.I was thinking of getting one with mechanical switches since I hear they're supposed to last forever and the feel stays the same for the life of the keyboard. From what I've read I'm thinking of going with cherry mx brown because they aren't as noisy as the blue. I don't think I would mind the noise but my wife may be bothered by it.

So far I've found the browns available in the das keyboard Model S Professional Silent (I'm not getting the one with blank keys, unfortunately, in case my wife wants to use my computer) and the filco Majestouch Tactile Touch NKRO.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which one or maybe a different one that they like better?

I have a Majestouch Tactile Touch Tenkeyless (otaku / unmarked keys). I like it quite a bit. It is very solid, and the heaviest keyboard that I've used.

The brown's aren't completely silent, but they noise is usually from the keys themselves, not the switches.

I wouldn't suppose ur interested in a goold ol' classic keyboard?

Keytronic Classic-P1. Those are extremely sturdy and practically unbreakable and feel very good, unlike most new keyboards which fall apart into a million pieces if you drop your pencil on it or something. Plus, it has the original L shaped Enter key which is super comfortable and which you don't see anymore for some unknown and probably ridiculous reason.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=40000063&IsNodeId=1&Description=keytronic&bop=And&Order=RATING&PageSize=20

Super cheap too. It was a steal for me.

Best keyboard I ever used was from an original IBM 6MHz AT. Was $400 NZD which was 4x my weekly wage at the time. I like my Logitech G110 for gaming but modern keyboards are just not great for touch typing.