Guild Wars 1

WhenKittensATK

I think I'm gonna try starting up Guild Wars again. After reading up on this recently announced details of Hall of Monuments transfers for Guild Wars 2.

I own Prophecies, Factions, and Eye of the North. I'm currently playing a Necromancer level 8 or so. I guess I'll level up Minion Master and try an SS Nuker build later on.

If anyone wants to join me or has advice on Necromancers, my in-game name is Killeen of the Nite (Sylvari necromancer from Ghosts of Ascalon book)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My advice is to get Nightfall, because of the heroes, and probably do some PvP to gain balthazar faction, and unlock some skills, and buy some tomes and learn the skills. The current meta for heroes is using 3 necros using discord heres an article on it -> http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Build:Team_-_Discordway dont pay attention to the "player" build, you can use anything type of build with hexes and conditions, for a necro i recomend Virulence or Toxic Chill as an elite.

Also meet your two new best friends http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page type anything in here to learn more about it, particularly quest and then this -> http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page <- is for builds which is basically a skill set, ill be honest with you i hardly ever use PvX wiki, i just make my own builds, but your obviously not as experienced in the game as i am :P, so looking at that will help, ill occasionally check up on what the "meta" is and what builds are posted incase it might give me an idea.

But yeah try to find a guild tht will help you get back on you feet, usually you can find a guild thts some what helpful.

Hope this helps out.

What would be a decent leveling necromancer build for running with henchmen?

Just running a standard MM build, with AoTL and Blood Magic for self heals will let you run through without any issues.

Nice name btw, I also have "Necromancer Killeen" as a name holder :D

In game I usually play in my Ranger, you can add me and I'll help you if you get stuck or something :]

Also, Nightfall is practically a must, Triple necro's for Discordway, or Sabway make the game even easier ^^

You can add me under "Moon Priestess Mave", that's the character I'm almost always on unless if swapping items around or doing something stupid.

I will help with titles. If anybody wants to do a team on TA or sync RA (hehe) let me know, I'm almost at glad 5. Willing to help out on PvE as well, you can add me krazy, my name is say whut.

Just picked up Nightfall for $16 on eBay. I'm in it for the long haul now. This renewal of interest should last me until GW2. I no longer have the RPG cravings, but I now have the addiction of wanting to play every minute lol. Must resist. Level 19 and 51% to Level 20. Some insane leveling in Factions, only got 2 days on this character (real time, haven't checked gameplay hours yet).

Edited by Krazyxazn

I found an user written quick and dirty guide to get 30/50 (helpful for new players and old old returning players).

Should I transfer my Necromancer from Factions map to Nightfall map, once I get to the city with the boat? So I can get Heroes earlier, then coming back to Factions to finish after Nightfall.

I didn't like the random generated party areas when you leave the town, I used to play GW

Not sure what you mean.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I found an user written quick and dirty guide to get 30/50 (helpful for new players and old old returning players).

Should I transfer my Necromancer from Factions map to Nightfall map, once I get to the city with the boat? So I can get Heroes earlier, then coming back to Factions to finish after Nightfall.

Yeah, thats what i would do, make sure your heroes get to a descent lvl, like 15ish would suffice some what lol