New case

Ok so ive done pretty much a full hardware upgrade on my PC changing pretty much everything except for my case / PSU. Now only reason i am looking into changing the case is because A. I dont really like it i got it on a cheap deal a number of years back and B now the side panel doesnt fit on and my computer seems to run more noisy plus with this off i am assuming more dust would be able to get inside my case. I have the enermax uber chakra and the scythe mugen 2 is too big because the big side fan means it cant fin on and i dont really want to do away with that at the moment i have it keeping my 2 8800 GTXs cool. There so close together if it wasnt there im worried theyd overheat. I need an new case with a good airflow which will fit in a scythe mugen 2 and also preferably with a side fan possibly also with an window. Ideally id like to keep the cost down as much as possible.

Whats your budget?

Coolermaster tend to make pretty wide cases for tall heatsinks. I have a CM Storm Sniper and it has plenty of room to fit a tall Cooler (megahalems) as well as comfortably fitting a 200mm side fan, no problem at all. Also have a CM HAF X and again lots of room to do that as well. CM 690 II advanced is also a nice case, that fits tall CPU coolers.

Not sure if either of those fit within your budget.

The haf 932 is about 100 pounds which i could afford or maybe even to stretch to the haf X however it seems theyve only slightly changed the side panel and that is about it and it is 50 pounds more which does not really seem worth it.

The haf 932 is about 100 pounds which i could afford or maybe even to stretch to the haf X however it seems theyve only slightly changed the side panel and that is about it and it is 50 pounds more which does not really seem worth it.

All black inside, better cable management, hot swappable drives, GPU holder, cable cover, XL-ATX form factor. Theres plenty extra for the 50 Pounds :biggrin:

All black inside, better cable management, hot swappable drives, GPU holder, cable cover, XL-ATX form factor. Theres plenty extra for the 50 Pounds :biggrin:

Well the all black inside wont really make alot of difference. I am sure i can be fine with the cable management pretty much i have a modular PSU and cable ties so it should not really be a problem. As for the other things like I am unsure if the GPU holder would work with my SLI cards and the form factor would be something for the future i assume perhaps but at the moment i only have an ATX form factor board i believe.

The zalman looks pretty good I will have a closer look into that and see how much i can pick it up for. Also is that side window something you have done custom to it or can you buy it like that ?

The HAF X is designed to cool multiple gpus, with a removable fan duct on the side panel, and a more or less "wind tunnel" for the end of your graphics cards, and i think a moveable fan mount that you can point at your graphics card or cpu, and it has a window

If you can afford to get it I would get the HAFX. I was looking at this one after I purchased my new case and if I had another 100$ I would have bought that. In hindsight, I probably should have gone with one of the cheaper HAF cases around 100$. Instead I bought the RoseWill ARMOR for 100$. It looks like a good case, I just hope it is as good as what I paid for it.