i7 930 @ 4ghz

Hemidare

You guys need to realize it is not how many fans you have in the case. It is positive or negative pressure. You need to have more air flow(pressure) out of the case to make your cooling most effextive.......

negative-pressure-1a.jpg

positive-pressure-1a.jpg

chart.png

Edited by Drdeath

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive yet to ever see any evidence that truly proves that Negative or Positive pressure is better than the other... I mean there are literally thousands of articles and people and every other such thing, saying Negative pressure this, Positive pressure that. It really comes down to opinion really. Im not saying ignore what drdeath said, because maybe it will help you. But i run my case with positive pressure and i get really good temps for air cooling.

Basically what im saying is i dont think Negative pressure over positive pressure or vice versa is going to account for dropping your temps from the 90c range to the 75c range...

Ive yet to ever see any evidence that truly proves that Negative or Positive pressure is better than the other... I mean there are literally thousands of articles and people and every other such thing, saying Negative pressure this, Positive pressure that. It really comes down to opinion really. Im not saying ignore what drdeath said, because maybe it will help you. But i run my case with positive pressure and i get really good temps for air cooling.Basically what im saying is i dont think Negative pressure over positive pressure or vice versa is going to account for dropping your temps from the 90c range to the 75c range...

My case runs open, pwhat is pressure!? :lol:

Ive yet to ever see any evidence that truly proves that Negative or Positive pressure is better than the other... I mean there are literally thousands of articles and people and every other such thing, saying Negative pressure this, Positive pressure that. It really comes down to opinion really. Im not saying ignore what drdeath said, because maybe it will help you. But i run my case with positive pressure and i get really good temps for air cooling.

Basically what im saying is i dont think Negative pressure over positive pressure or vice versa is going to account for dropping your temps from the 90c range to the 75c range...

Yes, it will not take it from 95 to 75 but I was offering a suggestion in general..... Many say I have 50 fans(kiding) but more flow out of the case has been proven better when the temps are under control.

Yes, it will not take it from 95 to 75 but I was offering a suggestion in general..... Many say I have 50 fans(kiding) but more flow out of the case has been proven better when the temps are under control.

Where is a link saying this is true. lets see the link and how it was tested please. The only thing i know is positive pressure helps keep dust out of your computer, and dust makes heat.

Edited by crazy8s846

Where is a link saying this is true. Your always saying how something has been proven, so lets see the link and how it was tested please. The only thing i know is positive pressure helps keep dust out of your computer, and dust makes heat.

OMG dude another guy arguing......... Go take a physics class...... If dust makes heat all you have to do is periodically blow the dust out or use filters. Since your smart, I am sure you know that....... You can also vacumm and dust your room more periodically!

Edited by Drdeath

OMG dude another guy arguing......... Go take a physics class...... If dust makes heat all you have to do is periodically blow the dust out or use filters. Since your smart, I am sure you know that....... You can also vacumm and dust your room more periodically!

Yes ok you could clean the dust, did not say you couldnt, just stated a fact about positive pressure, but would like to see some links, showing that it is better to have negitive pressure, and how it was tested. oh and im not arguing, just stated a fact, and ask for some links, to see how it was tested. Thanks :popcorn:

Edited by crazy8s846

Yes ok you could clean the dust, did not say you couldnt, just stated a fact about positive pressure, but would like to see some links, showing that it is better to have negitive pressure, and how it was tested. oh and im not arguing, just stated a fact, and ask for some links, to see how it was tested. Thanks popcorn.gif

It's a law of Physics. I don't know what else to say.

I can see from this quote why you might think im being ill, but im not and i edited the thread because of the way i said it was wrong. If you look you will see that i changed what it said, you just got to it faster than i could edit.

I can see from this quote why you might think im being ill, but im not and i edited the thread because of the way i said it was wrong. If you look you will see that i changed what it said, you just got to it faster than i could edit.

Look, it is a law of physics negative pressure moves more air than positive pressure. I edited it to try to be more subtle. Every type of system from your heating/cooling system in your home to your body(lungs) uses negative pressure. More air gets moved. I made a suggesstion to the OP and now this turns into a debate..... Sorry... this got off topic.........

Edited by Drdeath

It's a law of Physics. I don't know what else to say.

How about you just give everyone a link to a site where it was tested and compared to positive pressure, and the result was lower temps in the negitive pressure case. State this law of physics, that will prove negitive pressure is better than positive pressure for cooling a computer. I would really be interested in reading it. I would rather have real world data than some physics equations, but the physics would be interesting to see.

Ive yet to ever see any evidence that truly proves that Negative or Positive pressure is better than the other... I mean there are literally thousands of articles and people and every other such thing, saying Negative pressure this, Positive pressure that. It really comes down to opinion really. But i run my case with positive pressure and i get really good temps for air cooling.

+1 i agree, but if anyone does know a place to find out link it.