Minecraft

Flibo

Hmmm... it's not letting me on, it's taking forever to log in...

This is Waco -

Working fine on my end - someone's still logged into the server as well (Flareback).

EDIT: I restarted it just in case - looks to be good. Maybe the update caused some new memory leaks?

Edited by BluePanda

This is Waco -

Working fine on my end - someone's still logged into the server as well (Flareback).

EDIT: I restarted it just in case - looks to be good. Maybe the update caused some new memory leaks?

It's really unstable. I've just been kicked and can't reconnect again. :(

As the llamacraft did not work could we try one that gives us source blocks for water and lava?

I just messed up and instead of building a house under a waterfall i built a house under a waterfail. I accidently blocked it up and cant recreate it. :cry:

A new (optional) Minecraft update has been released.

Minecraft Alpha 1.2.1, Minecraft Server 0.2.3

The server update is not mandatory, but you might want to update just to make sure.

This is a bugfixes only update:

* Signs on the sides of cacti no longer crash the game

* The player won’t get stuck on the top of the world in multiplayer

* Reverted mob spawning back to the old code, it was far to annoying. I have plans on what to do with this.

* Fixed the leaf particle colors

* Reduced CPU usage for monster spawning, but there’s still a lot of work to be done to reduce lag on SMP servers.

* Attempted to fix the portal dupe bug where you could exit through a different (new) one than the one you entered through.

About the portals, it’s possible that two portals can lead to the same portal in the Nether. This is because the space down there is compressed by a factor of 8, and I haven’t come up with a good way to fix this yet.

I might just end up doing an explicit one-to-one binding between portal pairs, but that’s nontrivial as it should survive the portal being temporarily destroyed. If you TNT a portal then rebuild it, you’d expect it to still lead to the same place, right?

Hmm.

More bug updates are coming next week, mainly related to survival mode multi player.

[edit:]

Client 1.2.1_01 fixes armor. And I forgot to mention that Music will play in multiplayer now as well.

This was probably Waco updating, but i was kicked off a couple minutes ago, then got back on but all that was loading was the pigs. I then re tried and got the same error as the llamacraft glitch.

This was probably Waco updating, but i was kicked off a couple minutes ago, then got back on but all that was loading was the pigs. I then re tried and got the same error as the llamacraft glitch.

This new server is BAD. The log is filled full of errors - I haven't touched it all day.

I'll try the update in a minute - maybe it'll be a bit better. I'm going to try restricting the amount of RAM the server can use as well - I'm getting a lot of memory-related errors in the log (arrays out of bounds, etc). If I get adventurous I may dig into the code and fix some of it. :P

EDIT: Updated and restricted to 2 GB - see if that works better. Sorry for all the hassles...this new version just doesn't run like the old one.

EDIT2: Already got a severe out of bounds error. :( Going to try reducing the memory a bit more and restricting it to a single CPU.

Edited by Waco

This new server is BAD. The log is filled full of errors - I haven't touched it all day.

I'll try the update in a minute - maybe it'll be a bit better. I'm going to try restricting the amount of RAM the server can use as well - I'm getting a lot of memory-related errors in the log (arrays out of bounds, etc). If I get adventurous I may dig into the code and fix some of it. :P

Can't you package up the world and put it on a different server? Or do sexy powers not work that extensively? :P I know nothing about servers

EDIT: Down again D:

Edited by Danrik